Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
External Posting Description
As part of our Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team, you will take part in the Firm target setting and financial planning process. This position will report to Sr. Manager, FP&A and will be located at our head office in downtown Toronto. In this role, you are expected to be highly independent and motivated, able to work and communicate effectively across functions, have strong analytical experience and customer service attitude, and have firm financial and accounting knowledge.
Key responsibilities and areas of involvement include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the Firm’s annual financial planning and analysis process
- Use strong knowledge of the Firm’s financial model, systems and processes to act as a point of reference for finance leaders, practitioners and finance colleagues
- Liaise with other parts of Finance to provide a future focused outlook to help to identify pending issues and find opportunities for improvement in the delivery of plan and forecast
- Research, analyze and respond to ad hoc requests for financial information from within the Firm, including preparation of presentations to the leadership team as requested
- Proactively supporting the FP&A team in the annual target setting and plan process, forecast and any ad-hoc reporting/analysis as required
- Support the development of the new rolling forecast and strategic planning processes
- Proactively look to improve operations, processes and policies to improve alignment with business plan
- Lead and/or participate in firm wide Finance initiatives, developing integration and collaboration across regions and services
- Build relationships with finance peers supporting other services and reporting experts to share best practices and insights
External Posting Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and a professional certification in: Finance & Accounting (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA, CFA) or related education
- 5-7 years or related years of FP&A experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent Financial Acumen; understands, drives and promotes Organizational Leadership through analysis and reporting
- Work on the “Big Picture” but also operates in the details very well
- Working knowledge of Finance and Accounting (Debits/Credits, Accruals, Income Statements, Balance Sheets, Cash Flow statements etc.)
- Excel savvy: Efficient use of excel in general and including but not limited to Pivot tables, Lookup formulas, Conditionals, short cuts etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, VISIO), financial reporting/project tracking and or database experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Preferred but not required experience: SAP, BPC, Analytics for Office (AO)
Key qualities and abilities:
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Accountable, responsible and responsive
- Excellent organization skills, able to manage competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills
- Communicate effectively & tactfully with personnel on all levels
- Collect relevant facts quickly and provide recommendations
- Ability to make decisions, generate ambitious, creative ideas to improve processes
- Team oriented and works well independently
- French, Spanish language skills would be an asset (verbal and written)
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive – both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted