Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
External Posting Description
The National Quality and Risk Management (QRM) group within Deloitte Management Services (DMS) works closely with various leaders and functions across Deloitte Canada (the firm) as a strategic partner that aims to lead the firm in foreseeing and getting ahead of strategic challenges and risks, managing difficult situations to the best possible outcome for the firm, constructively engaging with firm leaders on firm-wide issues, and adhering to professional standards, firm policies and other standards. QRM’s main functions include enterprise-level risk management, professional and personal independence, client conflict and background checks, ethics, firm policy, confidentiality and privacy.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Risk Management and Special Projects, the Manager, Risk Management helps to operate the firm’s enterprise risk framework and provide hands-on development of relevant strategic risk models, including providing risk insights and analytical support to key stakeholders.
Designing, implementing and reporting on the enterprise risk framework for the firm, includin
- Risk identification – Identify potential current and emerging risks that may significantly impact the firm in line with the firm’s risk identification model.
- Risk evaluation – Assess the firm’s current and emerging risks using quantitative and qualitative risk analysis including working with business stakeholders to develop and report on key risk indicators.
- Risk treatment and mitigation – Assist key business stakeholders in identifying and responding effectively to priority risks arising from internal changes or external events. This includes the development of the firm’s risk action plans to ensure that priority risks and emerging risks are addressed.
- Risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience – Assist the Senior Manager and Director, Risk Management in the development of reports or presentations in preparation for risk updates to the Executive and Board-level risk committees.
- Cordination with other Risk team members as required where risk management processes may overlap with other efforts.
Day-to-day operation of the firm’s external risk sensing program to continuously scan for emerging risks and trends that could impact the firm’s risk profile. This includes:
Review articles/results of daily monitoring activities from the team, summarize results, add insights, and prepare for review by the Senior Manager, Risk Management & Special Projects (e.g. risk sensing alerts).
- Review alerts for special topics that are not part of daily monitoring.
- Track focus topics to determine risk trends (i.e. regulatory).
- Identify emerging risk trends thrugh detailed review of Global risk roundups and daily risk sensing alerts.
- Assist in the preparation of draft risk sensing reporting for risk leadership including at Executive and Board levels.
- Support the development and implementation of other Regulatory, Quality and Risk Management programs/projects, as required, by working collaboratively with various risk leaders.
- Support efforts to complete other global assessments and requests. This includes gathering evidence and evaluating information.
External Posting Qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including experience with enterprise risk management, risk governance, internal controls, systems and business process analysis.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or other relevant courses
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) and/or other relevant professional designations is preferred.
Skills and capabilities:
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to understand broader business risks/issues
- Demonstrated effective project management skills. Must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks and timelines independently and as a team.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders, including senior leaders, with the ability to impact and influence to ensure delivery and alignment
- Self-starter, independent, proactive, detail oriented, organized, flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrated critical-thinking and ability to develop, share and adopt innovative approaches and solutions
- Strong commitment to quality, confidentiality, professional and client service excellence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Visio)
- Understanding of professional services firm structure, as well as external client service experience, is an asset
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive – both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted