Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at June 30, 2018, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Portfolio Construction and Risk Management
Position type: Salaried
Reporting to the Senior Director, Enterprise Risk, the incumbent support the achievement of the business objectives of Risk Management by ensuring to strengthen the process of Enterprise Risk Management. In this role, He or She is responsible to proactively identify the Company‘s Risk Management challenges, to access impacts, prioritize and conduct in-depth analysis and make all necessary recommendations. He or She must put in place, monitor and access Enterprise Risk Oversight. He or She has also to collaborate with managers within the organization as well as the Company’s subsidiaries and partners. Finally, He or She must prepare, formulate and defend his/her recommendations with respect to each file studied and submits them to the Director, Risk Oversight as well as to internal clients.
- Contribute to the determination of the Company’s strategic goals and act as key player in the evolution of Ivanhoé Cambridge's risk culture;
- Plan, coordinate and execute due diligence reviews on operational risks of strategic investment partners and third-party managers;
- Develop an Enterprise Risk Management approach by proposing required guidelines, tools helping in the identification, analysis, assessment and treatment of major strategic, financial and as well operational risks;
- Analyze potential sources of risk related to Ivanhoé Cambridge’s various activities and develop frameworks to ensure comprehensive Risk Management;
- Coordinate with business units to identify key operational Risks facing the organization;
- Keep up to date the corporate risk register and the risk prioritization methodology;
- Support the immediate supervisor in improving Enterprise risks practices;
- Establish a dialogue with various investment, operations and corporate services teams to promote the analysis, decomposition and understanding of risk as a central element in decision-making and operational processes;
- Work closely with the investment risk and portfolio strategy/construction teams to identify major risks for Ivanhoé Cambridge’s overall portfolio;
- Insure vigilance on industry best practices to introduce improvements to existing tools: to better record incidents and losses; create and implement key financial and operational risk indicators;
- Prepare reporting to various IC committees and corporate reports;
- Validate the quality of the deliverables related to requests received from La Caisse for Risk Management;
- Carry out other tasks as required by the immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration (accounting) or finance, or master’s degree in a real estate–related discipline;
- Professional designation in accounting (CPA) or risk management (CRMA or other relevant certification), or equivalent experience;
- Seven to ten years of experience in assessing financial and operational risks and developing innovative, tailored solutions for the financial or real estate sector;
- Ability to work within a team and handle ambiguity;
- Ability to rigorous analysis and process information and develop practical solutions;
- Ability to adapt to various personalities and ease in dealing with senior management;
- Excellent command of and solid writing skills in French;
- Excellent command of and solid writing skills in English;
- Hands-on knowledge of real estate or commercial real estate financing and the corresponding risks;
- Availability to travel within Canada and abroad on occasion;
- Commitment to impartiality, ethics and integrity;
- Ability to make sound decisions;
- Strong listening skills;
- Advanced proficiency in written communication;
- Outstanding verbal communication skills;
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- In-depth understanding of the business environment;
- Solid grasp of the inner workings of the organization;
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.