Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at December 31, 2017, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Le Centre Eaton de Montréal
Position type: Salaried
The Manager, Security & Life Safety will report to the property General Manager and will have direct responsibility for the implementation, administration and compliance of the various national Ivanhoé Cambridge Security, Fire Prevention and Occupational Health & Safety programs within a property. Critical to this role will be the need to continually place emphasis on emergency preparedness; as well as carrying out frequent testing of emergency incident management response protocols.
The incumbent will also have a cross-link with the national Director of Security to collaborate in the development and implementation of National Security Programs and will work closely with the national Team Security Manager based in Montreal.
Provide leadership and directly manage the security services contract, through designated contract management representatives, ensuring that the contractor:
Hires and develops competent security & life safety personnel;
- Provides contract personnel with the applicable training, proper equipment and procedures to carry out their duties to a high standard;
Appropriately deploys security & life safety personnel maximize the safety and security of the property.
The incumbent will be vigilant for threats and risks to property and submit recommendations that will mitigate impacts on occupant safety and maintenance of operations.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the various fire prevention service contracts;
- Manage contracts related to the various fire prevention maintenance programs;
- Identify performance concerns in respect to the property fire prevention program.
Occupational Health & Safety:
- Manage contracts related to the property Occupational Health & Safety program and specifically will be the management Co-Chair of the applicable Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC);
- Ensure that all applicable policies, procedures and practices are posted and shared with Ivanhoé Cambridge employees and contractors;
- Ensure that a rigorous Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA) program is maintained within the property;
- Ensure the regular data entry and maintenance of the RiskCheck system, more specifically the "HealthCheck" module in connection with the National Health and Safety at Work program. The Manager will also actively participate in the annual property evaluation with the RiskCheck representative.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of related technologies and provide recommendations as necessary including CCTV, Access Control, Fire Alarm, Intrusion and other related systems.
- College Diploma in a related discipline;
- An ASIS Board Certified designation, Physical Security Professional (PSP) ®preferred – or an equivalent designation related to the position’s disciplines;
- Experience in implementing and maintaining policies, procedures and practices, including in the following areas: security operations; emergency management; standing instructions; post orders; health and safety at work; fire prevention; firefighting;
- 7 to 10 years overall security management experience in properties greater than 1million sq.ft, demonstrating positions of increasing authority with a minimum of 3 to 5 years direct and related work experience in a commercial real estate environment, ideally at a property or properties of complex scope (i.e. large, mixed-use facility) or possess equivalent work experience.
_Communication and Interpersonal Skills: _
- Strong ability in managing people including abilities to motivate, coach, mentor, delegate and empower employees effectively, as well as build dynamic teams;
- Good analytical, problem solving, decision-making, time management skills;
- Diplomatic in dealing with all levels of the organization consistently transparent in providing facts and information for accurate decision-making;
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced, multi-tasked environment;
- A capable instructor / trainer as required;
- Confident ability to take charge in emergency situations to assure the security and safety of all persons concerned and to mitigate damage to the property;
- Flexible and adaptable in dealing appropriately across a wide variety of social situations and in consideration of varied cultural and societal diverse peoples;
- Exceptional capacity to collaborate and overcome conflict.
Technical Skills / Administration:
Theoretical and practical knowledge of projects and procedures for requests for proposals and requests for information;
Knowledge of basic accounting including the development and administration of capital and operational department budgets;
- Good knowledge of federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations related to safety, fire prevention and health and safety at work;
- Sound knowledge and ability in identifying threats, hazards and assessing related risk related to the real estate management business sector, as well as the identification of reasonable policies, procedures, systems or hardware to mitigate the identified risk and contribute to a safe and secure property environment. Preferably, certification or expertise as a practitioner of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED).
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of Canada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.