Information Security Operations team is responsible for :
• Control - focusing on the state of security with compliance testing, penetration testing, vulnerability testing, etc.
• Monitoring - focusing on events and the response with log monitoring, SIEM administration, and Incident Response
• Operational - focusing on the operational security administration such as Intrusion Prevention, advanced threat detection, and intelligence, etc.
The Manager, SOC is responsible for the design, planning, testing, implementation, and administration of industry-wide accepted information security principles, practices, and information systems to ensure the protection of information assets processed, stored, or transmitted at the TMX Group Limited. Evaluate the effectiveness of information security solutions and processes in place, monitor for and identify security risks and exposures, determine the causes of security violations, assess, and implement procedures to prevent future incidents 24x7x365. Understand and provide assistance to system users relative to information systems security matters.
• Lead the implementation, configuration, and operation of information security technologies that are implemented across the TMX Group Limited
• Influences internal partners to ensure they build solutions consistent with the organization's planned policies, programs, architectural recommendations, and information security standards
• Support the ongoing security control processes within the enterprise which includes security technologies, networks, information systems, and endpoints.
• Analyzes threat and vulnerability feeds and analyzes data for applicability to TMX’s environment including the identification and resolution of false positive findings in assessment results, as well as perform compensating controls analysis and validate the efficacy of existing controls
• Understanding of threat models, impact levels, and the different approaches and methodologies i.e. black/grey/white box testing
• Lead investigations of potential security incidents using forensically sound methods and techniques
• Develop and implement information security operations metrics, measurement criteria and reporting to ensure compliance and continuous improvement
• Perform operational risk analysis of different solution options and propose a security solution for the business problem that balances potential loss with the cost of the solution
Skills and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Technology or a related field of study
Professional Security designation - At least one industry recognized security certification: CISSP or SSCP, CISM, CRISK, GIAC GCIH or similar is a must. The following certifications are an asset: GIAC (GCIA, GPEN, GWAPT, GSEC and etc.), OPST, CEH, OSCP
Minimum 5 years of experience in managing Security Operations
Knowledge of security standards including NIST CSF, ISO27001, PCI DSS
Strong capabilities and track record of deploying and operating security capabilities including SIEM, Endpoint Protection, Endpoint Detection and Response, vulnerability management tools
Solid experience handling cybersecurity incident and breach management.
Strong experience implementing and managing threat intelligence tools and feeds
Familiar with penetration testing tools and techniques including red team and blue team practices
Experience with cloud computing and security issues related to cloud environments
Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate at all levels of an organization
Strong Knowledge of cybersecurity technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection and protection system, email security, web Security, DDoS prevention, wireless security, identity, and access management (IAM) systems, 2FA, certificate, and key management, HSM, various monitoring tools
Knowledge of Gsuite, AWS, and similar Cloud provider’s services and architectures
TMX is committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide accommodations for applicants and employees who require it.