Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at December 31, 2017, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Service : Strategy and Portfolio construction
Position Type : Salaried
In carrying out his duties, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the strategic investment planning process that oversees Ivanhoe Cambridge's ("SIP") investments. He or She will enhance the reflection and development of investment strategies and will carry out specific mandates related to these strategies. He or She will also insure tracking of this strategic investment plan, through internal quarterly reporting, in collaboration with members of the portfolio construction team. It will also perform analysis to monitor peer’s investment strategies.
Main duties include the following:
Support the annual strategic planning process for Ivanhoé Cambridge investments, consistent with the Company’s strategic planning framework:
Conduct strategic analyses (markets, partners, competition) to identify investment trends and potential opportunities for Ivanhoé Cambridge;
- Prepare documents for analyses and presentations on key investment priorities;
- Track strategic investment goals and KPIs to ensure they are met;
- Contribute to the Company’s strategic planning exercise regarding investment strategy and asset allocation for the overall portfolio;
Carry out specific projects in line with the investment strategy:
Prepare strategic documents, work plans, research reports, etc., working closely with the members of the Research, Portfolio Construction and Risk Management teams, as well as with various business units;
- Conduct analysis related to investment trends of peers and other institutional investors; prepare presentations to articulate these analyzes and draw conclusions and recommendations;
- Identify and monitor key market trends and opportunities to maximize the portfolio’s performance and growth.
- Design and prepare presentations on the global portfolio, which will be presented to La Caisse’s depositors and minority shareholders;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- Master’s degree in finance, economics or in a relevant discipline;
- Six or more years of experience in a strategic advisory role and having worked with a clientele of the financial or investment sector;
- Creativity and innovation in designing strategy review programs and developing presentation documents for these programs;
- Demonstrated excellence in workshop facilitation, writing, analysis and oral presentations;
- Ability to explain complex subjects in a clear, concise way and to work with larges quantities of data; sound business acumen;
- Ability to communicate and manage strategic confidential information;
- Strong project management and organizational skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to accuracy;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to influence others;
- Ability to establish productive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization;
- Self-starter and team player with strong prioritization skills and a desire to contribute to a high-performance culture.
- Bilingual oral and written (French and English).
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of Canada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.