The Manager, Talent Acquisition & Mobility is responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction and implementing effective, results-driven talent strategies that meet business goals and objectives. This is accomplished by supporting both recruitment and immigration processes. In this role, you will act as a coach and mentor to the Talent Acquisition & Mobility team while establishing strong communication with operational leaders business-wide.
- Develop a clear understanding of Seaspan’s short and long-term business and human capital objectives to plan and execute talent acquisition and immigration strategies.
- Demonstrate deep functional expertise and market knowledge to identify and deploy recruiting methods to source and attract top talent.
- Manage a highly effective team while looking to continuously improve current business processes.
- Lead key initiatives to enhance talent acquisition objectives, such as employer branding and employee value proposition, employee referrals, and internal mobility.
- Develop and maintain reporting and statistical analysis to track and improve recruitment strategies and processes where required.
- Provide guidance and compensation recommendations for new hires based on industry trends and internal compensation standards.
- Oversea the maintenance of detailed records in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and maintain data protection obligations in both recruitment and immigration processes.
- Responsible for vendor management and negotiating agreements including outsourced recruitment, immigration and relocation.
- Maintain strong relationships with Provincial and Federal Government on both immigration and relocation affairs.
- Ensure internal control, compliance and regulatory guidelines are met throughout recruitment and immigration activities.
- Responsible the Talent Acquisition & Mobility team’s financial budget including all recruitment and immigration activities, external vendors and associated costs.
Education and Experience
- A business degree and/or relevant HR professional certification.
- Minimum (10) years’ experience sourcing and recruiting within a fast-paced environment (Heavy industry experience is preferred).
- Experience with international sourcing and recruitment is an asset.
- Minimum (5) years of leadership experience in high-volume staffing environments; a combination of both corporate (in-house) and agency experience preferred.
- Experience supporting immigration processes to Canada; and experience managing relocation support.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Advanced knowledge of creative sourcing techniques and platforms.
- Experience working on immigration processes is an asset
- Experience with vendor negotiation and management of agreements and SOW process.
- Fundamental knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Experience with salary benchmarking and compensation management processes.