Manager Test - 30274
Profession: Quality Management
Work Location: Americas-Canada-Montreal
Description ABOUT US:
Welcome to SITA... We lead one of the most exciting and advanced industries on earth. Around the world, nearly every passenger flight relies on SITA technology, almost every airport and airline does business with us, and it’s our job to support their operations. As the world's leading air transport IT and communications specialist, we’re committed to meeting the demands of the air transport industry around the clock, every day.
Our Vision: Easy air travel every step of the way
WHY SHOULD YOU BE INTERESTED?
With us there are no limits for people looking to explore the edges of possibility and beyond. Together, we Go.Far.
Challenge: Our people take on some of the biggest challenges in our industry. They aren't afraid to think bigger, work harder and deliver smarter solutions that are continuously transforming air travel.
Opportunity: Taking on these challenges opens up a world of opportunities for our people. We make sure they have the chance to develop their skills, explore new horizons and grow their careers on a global scale.
At SITA we believe that creating and nurturing an inclusive culture is about who we are as an organization, and as an employer. Diversity is more than a target to us, it’s a key part out of our collective identity and values.
Our next test / Risk lead will be Managing and delivering the overall Test Strategy for Business Intelligence portfolio. Managing the in-scope phases of testing including plans resources costs timescales test deliverables and auditability. Liaising closely with the DevOps lead for the portfolio.
Your role will involve:
- Coordinating the testing of all products within assigned portfolio and report on status for portfolio
- Being the SPOC for all testing on the portfolio – security, performance, functional, UAT reaching out to extended team to ensure meeting schedule.
- Managing stakeholder's expectations regarding the testing portfolio.
- Liaising closely with the DevOps team for assigned portfolio.
- Creating and obtaining approval of and maintains the test strategy, test plan and executes the test plan within time and to budget for assigned products/projects.
- supporting appropriate standards ensuring continual developments of endtoend process for all quality areas to include: software development life cycle QA work product deliverables product templates and escalation processes.
- Being prepared to do hands on testing if required and be able to use at a basic level all products in the portfolio.
- Following processes as set out by the SITA process framework.
- Liaising with extended team manager for resources for projects as required.
- Managing testing with 3rd parties (suppliers and customer).
- Providing authoritative advice and guidance on any aspect of test creation, automation and execution.
- Managing the testing performed by suppliers to ensure testing executed is adequate
- Estimating the testing effort for testing on products / projects in assigned portfolio.
- Providing all reports to devops unit and wider group as required.
- Supporting ISO 9001 certification activities.
- Ensuring budget and schedule is adhered to.
Qualifications We would like it if you have the below qualifications, knowledge and experiences:
- Extensive experience in a Software Development or Testing environment of which 3 years were spent as a Test lead/ Test Manager including experience with current software testing methodologies functional testing, large scale integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Experience in Data and API is essential
- QA Automation experience is required
- Demonstrate effective communication processes meeting demands of both Test & Assurance team and program / project requirements.
- Able to be the lead on Test and Assurance activities on complex projects (size or scope).
- Strong experience working in an Agile or DevOps environment.
- Resolve very complex problems in QA/architecture.
- Architect design and configure multiple streams of work.
- Implement solutions that reflect strategic long-term direction and planning with a complete understanding of interdependencies. Represent SITA at technical meetings relating to assigned roles and when working at customer sites.
- Expert understanding of system integration and hardware.
- Superior understanding of SITA methodologies and practices.
- SITA development and project tools such as version control debugging.
- Use of appropriate tools for change control risks and issues log and project planning.
- Must have familiarity/working knowledge of HP toolset.
- Must have knowledge of automation techniques, understanding of Selenium is an advantage.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 useful.
- University degree or equivalent preferably in Computer Science Engineering Mathematics or similar.
- ISTQB Foundation qualification is essential.
If you apply we will carefully review your fit against the position criteria and feedback to you. If your profile does not meet the criteria, we will retain your profile as an active applicant for future consideration. If you need direct support, you can contact us on email@example.com. Thanks for your interest in SITA