Employer: OTT Financial Inc.
Address: 1123 Leslie Street, Toronto, Ontario, M3C 2K5
Position: Managing Director
A multi-purpose, high-end social club including leisure, fitness, dining, business and youth training facilities is seeking a world-class managing director with comprehensive responsibilities for the entire operation from inception to maturity development and beyond, reporting directly to the Board of Directors.
The Managing Director will head the planning and design phase including concept development, food & beverage conceptualization, design refinement, club amenities, operating and capital budgets and operations oversight. He/She will develop membership structure (membershiplevels, rates and member benefits, sales & marketing strategy, policies, pre-opening budge and standard operating procedures, and establish key milestones to ensure successful soft and grand opening.
He/Shewill be a key member of planning team for the Interim Recreation Club (IRC) at the OTT Leslie Street location and will provide day-to-day oversight of IRC, including hiring staff, trainers, member relations, programming, etc.
Pre-Opening Phase – Managing Director will be responsible for all pre-opening activities including, but not limited to, pre-opening plan development, organizational and staff compensation plans, staff recruitment, hiring and training, membership marketing and sales and procurement to ensure successful soft and grand opening of the club.
Operations Phase – Managing Director will manage all aspects of the club, including its activities, offerings and relationships among the club, its ownership, Board of Directors, members, guests, employees and community interests as well as government and industry. Managing Director will ensure adherence to operating policies and procedures, and direct the work of all department managers. Managing Director will implement and monitor the budget, monitor the quality of the club’s products and services and ensure maximum member and guest satisfaction. Managing Director will secure and protect the club’s assets including facilities and equipment.
The Managing Director will supervise, among others, the Assistant General Manager; Food and Beverage Director; Controller; Director of Facilities; Membership Director; Director of Human Resources; Director of Purchasing; Tennis Professional; Athletic Director and Administrative Assistant.
- Ten or more years of commensurate leadership experience in hospitality and premier private clubs
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management major preferred
- Extensive international and multi-culture experience
- Proven ability to work in cross-border cultural enviornment
- Working knowledge of architectural and club design concepts
- Significant experience in club and hospitality venue concepting, startups, opening and management
- Applicable analytical, organizational and capital project management skills
- Substantial club or hospitality management experience and progressive professional advancement
- Management of complex capital projects required
- Ability to analyze and solve problems and handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision, with flexible hours including nights and weekends
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations:
- Honesty, straightforwardness, integrity, accountability, leadership and passion
- Ability to contribute to the planning, programming, design, FFE selection, layout of club amenities to ensure member experience and efficient operations
- Pre-opening activities, including membership marketing, budgeting, procurement, staff onboarding and training and club launch
- Knowledge of state of the art technologies applicable to club member security, facility management and enhanced member services
- Recruit and onboard key leadership team members
- Able to inspire and motivate others, earn the respect of the members and employees as well as the community at large
- Conducts himself or herself in a responsible and professional manner while at or away from the club and encourages other staff members to do the same to reflect the proper image of the club throughout the broader community
- Ability to be diplomatic and tactful − yet firm − in dealing with member and staff associate constituents
- Interpersonal relations and communication skills
- Ability to set goals and objectives as well as delegate to and coach the department managers and their staff
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams and multi-disciplinary projects
- Ability to make complex decisions in a dynamic environment in support of the club’s vision, mission and core values.
- Sound judgment
- Ability to think strategically while meeting operational and near-term objectives
- Financial aptitude commensurate with executive duties
- Ability to set and maintain high standards for all facilities, services and communications
- Ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Classification: Full-time，40hours per week
Salary and benefits: Base $225,000 plus group benefits