Careers that Change Lives
Today, we are one of world's largest biomedical technology company, butwe come from humble beginnings. Medtronic was founded in 1949 as a medical equipment repair shop by Earl Bakken and his brother-in-law, Palmer Hermundslie.
Bring your talents to a leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions. Rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation, our medical technologies open doors. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Join us for a career that changes lives.
A Day in the Life
Medtronic is among the world’s largest medical technology, services and solutions companies. The AF Solutions division, within the Cardiac and Vascular Group, produces medical devices for the treatment of patients with cardiac arrhythmia, including atrial fibrillation (AF).
Our manufacturing team in Montreal is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer with relevant experience, business acumen and a positive and proactive attitude to join their team. You will be part of the Integrated Production Team (IPT) to support all production functions, such as projects and process improvements in addition to cycle time and unit cost. You must possess strong organizational skills and be able to effectively communicate with all levels of employees including a variety of internal and occasionally external individuals. This role requires a solid level of technical knowledge and flexibility to change to adapt to business needs in a large, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Performs Design of Experiments (DOE) to determine equipment setup range to ensure appropriate product specifications.
- Initiate continuous improvement projects to improve process robustness, capability, cycle time and unit cost.
- Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
- Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance, then provides appropriate training for production operators.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
- Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Support Medtronic's Environment Health and Safety policies, Quality Policies, and Systems.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
- Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- Bachelors degree required (biomedical or mechanical engineer preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with 0 years of experience
- Bilingual (French and English)
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of medical device industry, a plus
- Knowledge of relevant regulations (ISO 13485, ISO9001)
- Ability to innovate within a dynamic environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written) in English and French.
- Ability to function in a self-directed manner with a high degree of independence.
- Knowledge of lean six sigma, a plus
- Support technology or new product transfer activities
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)