Brandt is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to work withother departments within the Brandt organization to improve efficiency and product quality by designing manufacturing processes, fixtures, work flows, and equipment.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Design team and shop floor to develop jigs and fixtures to improve efficiencies and increase quality of products being built.
- Maximizing efficiency by analyzing layout of process equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization.
- Utilizing the appropriate tools and methodologies of lean manufacturing to inspire continuous improvement and operating excellence.
- Managing projects from concept to completion
- Creating and implement meaningful metrics that can be used to benchmark performance and highlight future opportunities.
- Documenting process methods and develops standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of commonly-used practices and equipment used in manufacturing.
- Experience in CAD/CAM is required. Experience with Solidworks is preferred.
- Must be self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be familiar with quality and lean principles
- Must be well organized with multi-tasking abilities
- Strong Project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical technologist diploma or engineering degree
- Minimum of 3 years of design or manufacturing engineering experience