Transforming mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter, cleaner, safer and lighter. That’s what we’re passionate about at Magna Powertrain, and we do it by creating world-class powertrain systems. We are a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in design, development, testing and manufacturing of complex powertrain systems. Our name stands for quality, environmental consciousness, and safety. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Dream big and create the future of mobility at Magna Powertrain.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in industrial plant.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Serves as the gatekeeper to ensure robust manufacturing process design for high volume production prior to launch.
- Plans, designs, arranges, changes, optimizes, and supervises manufacturing processes.
- Develops and implements procedures required to manufacture, assemble, test, process, and manufacture the products of the company.
- Define and develop specifications, statement of work and procurement of equipment to ensure that performance output meet all criteria for a robust manufacturing process.
- Design and procure tooling, fixtures, gauging etc. in order to meet manufacturing process requirements and objectives.
- Develop, maintain and execute plans for new equipment implementation with regards to plant layouts.
- Develop and maintain documentation and actions to support divisional requirements such as:
- IATF 16949:2016, Q1, and ISO14001.
- APQP process (DFMEA, PFMEA, DFA, DFM, VE/VA, SPC), Six Sigma, DOE.
- Operator Instructions, Quality Alerts, Work Instructions, Shop Orders.
- R&D initiatives, such as; Tool Drawings and Design Concepts.
- Rework, Scrap, Waste, House Cleaning initiatives to reduce cost, 5S Initiatives.
- Lead and implement SR&ED projects related to manufacturing processes.
- Manufacturing and Process Engineering Open Issues.
- Mistake and error proof manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Coordinate, facilitate, develop and implement NCRs and follow up on 8D corrective actions.
- Allocated 50% of time on Continuous Improvement initiatives, such as;
- Analyze manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and throughput.
- Collaborate with engineering regarding product tooling and design to ensure effective production methods.
- Design and develop manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, and new products, and related fixtures and tooling that are consistent with zero defect level and low product cost.
- Provide engineering support in the production department to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Review and approve all significant CI Project Proposal
- Coordinate work with tool room personnel, assigned technicians, and outside vendors.
- Support Program Managers and Project Engineers to complete RFQ’s in a timely basis.
- Maintain current knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering new technologies and processes.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Engineering Manager or designate.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Three (3) years’ experience in the automotive industry with exposure to project and maintenance experience
- Familiarity with robotic controls and programming
- Knowledge of presses, machining, material handling, inspection/gauging, toolroom and metal finishing equipment is considered an asset
- Possess a working knowledge of blueprint reading, basic measuring techniques and CAD (preferably Solid Works or Draft Sight)
- Working knowledge of QS9000 / IATF 16949 and ISO14001 procedures.
- Trained in a method of team-oriented problem solving using statistical analysis
- History of efficient problem resolution on assembly and CNC equipment.
- Knowledge of quality operating systems in an automotive environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to facilitate meetings, conduct training and to present information in an advisory capacity.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in both written and spoken English.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.