Work with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods. Design jigs/fixtures/tools to ensure materials are produced efficiently and conform to drawing specifications. Provide input on shop packages that include special material, machines, tooling and processes. Produce Manufacturing Engineering Instructions (MEI) and Periodic Schedule Inspection Sheets (PSI’s) and maintain logs for both. Maintain TSU Master Registry.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop specialized tools to ensure conformance to end product specifications and improved efficiency/repeatability of processes.
- Translate all technical data to ensure the end product meets desired output targets
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished-product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; and recommends changes to optimize performance.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- The Manufacturing Engineer Specialist should, as a minimum, be a graduate of Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience in an Industrial/manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing engineering.
- Strong teamwork skills with an ability to work independently and under minimum supervision.
- Have the ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects at one time.
- Ability to read blue prints at an advanced level.
- Must have excellent project management and proven cross-functional team leading skills.
- Must be able to work from verbal instructions, written instructions, charts and prints.
- Excellent computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Experience using computer modeling would be considered an asset for the position.
- Knowledge and experience in manufacturing capabilities would also be an asset
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups you are encouraged to self identify on either your application form, covering letter or resume.