Sofina Foods Inc. is a privately owned Canadian company headquartered in Markham, Ontario dedicated to providing great tasting, high quality food products for retail and foodservice. As one of the nation's leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products, Sofina Foods has a broad portfolio of branded and private label pork, beef, turkey, and chicken products. Sofina's family of branded products consists of: Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fearmans Pork, Fletcher's, Vienna, Cuddy and Quality Meats. Sofina Foods currently operates 18 HACCP-approved manufacturing facilities (17 in Canada and one in the northwestern United States), three hatcheries and has over 4,700 employees.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE APPLYING THAT WE ARE A SLAUGHTER FACILITY
We are growing and looking for employees who are dedicated to achieving high standards in quality, food safety and are committed to health and safety in the workplace.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this position is responsible for the effective functioning of the mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for the Calgary Plant.
- Accountable for the effective functioning of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems in the plant, and for the effective installation, welding and fabrication of new equipment
- Accountable to adhere to and utilize Company policies and procedures & HACCP regulations
- Accountable to ensure safe work environment for coworkers, customers and visitors
- Will be required to complete other Maintenance related work within the production facility
- Other duties, related to the position, will be assigned as required
- Provincial Millwright Journeyman Certificate, or a recognized interprovincial equivalent, preferred
- 3rd or 4th Year Millwright Apprentices may be considered
- Minimum of two years experience performing repairs in a manufacturing environment required
- Must have experience with mechanical systems, welding fabrication and machining experience, and ability to use manual tools
- Basic computer knowledge and math skills and the ability to communicate in English both verbally, and in writing.
SCHEDULE: Must be able to work various 5 day schedules; Monday to Friday 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM, Monday to Friday 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM OR Sunday to Thursday 10:00 PM to 6:30 AM