|Position Title||Manufacturing Technician|
|No. of Positions||1|
|Geographic Location||Guelph, Ontario, Canada|
|Facility||Linamar Innovation Hub|
Job Title: Manufacturing Technician
The Manufacturing Technician position, under direct supervision, is responsible for assisting with various engineering projects starting from the project origination and carrying through the testing phase. Primarily accountable for planning, developing, and or evaluating a new project or processes and work with other engineering departments and coordinate their specialized contributions to the development of the project.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
· Sets up and operates conventional, special-purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines.
· Observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as needed.
· Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
· Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy process.
· Perform regular machine maintenance, Housekeeping of the production cell
· Refer to assembly drawings and diagrams to follow installation and calibration procedures.
· Evaluate adequacy of procedures for isolating root cause factors for production deficiencies or decreased product quality.
· Operate or tend automated assembling equipment, such as robotics and fixed automation equipment.
· Assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts to form subassemblies or finish products using hand and power tools.
· Position, align and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly and connect cables, tubes and wires.
· Fasten parts together using bolting and riveting equipment or other fastening and joining techniques.
· Discuss planning and implementation of process and production improvements with co-workers, colleagues and managers.
· Interpret assembly and schematic drawings to troubleshoot technical problems with subassemblies and finished products.
· Ability to read, understand and execute setup instruction provided by Engineer.
· Ability to interact with their supervisor to receive work assignments and to troubleshoot assembly and quality problems. Communicate with co-workers to co-ordinate work and to exchange information about procedures and technical problems.
· Ability to work independently and or work with a partner to complete large or complex jobs as required. Work in a team environment under the direction of a supervisor as required.
· Ability to use computer applications and prepare memos as needed. For example, use computer-controlled machinery to read diagnostic information. Access technical information and enter production data. Must have MS-office experience
· Possess drive and motivation to continuously learn and to maintain a current knowledge of equipment technology, electronics and safety. Participate in off-site training, for example, taking courses at community colleges.
· 5+ years of training and or experience in manufacturing.
· 3+ years of prior electrical and or controls experience or three years experience as a Set-Up Technician in a custom equipment environment.
· Knowledge of TS 16949, SPC, and related procedures.
· Prior soldering, welding and fabrication experience would be an asset
· Able to interact with co-workers such as equipment operators, quality control managers and shop supervisors to share information on equipment modifications and defects.
· Able to work independently reviewing production processes and in a team as needed.
· Maintain current certifications and engage in continuous learning in order to keep up with new developments in field.
What Linamar Has To Offer
· Opportunities for career advancement.
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
· Social committees and sports teams.
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
|Employment Type||Full Time Hourly|
|Percentage of Travel Required||1-10%|