Manufacturing Technologist (Mechanical) - Contract
Our client is a leading global medical device manufacturing organization and they are looking for a Manufacturing Technologist to join their team on a 6 – 12 month contract in Vaughan, ON
This role will provide support in new development projects to ensure designs are manufacturable. Activities will include assemblies and product builds to support project teams, review and provide feedback on builds to the design teams to improve or alleviate issues that may occur in production to ensure high quality and cost effectiveness for the newly introduced products.
- Support builds during development projects including planning, setup, parts kitting, and assembly.
- Review of assembly drawings, notes and other assembly instructions and analyze effectiveness during project development builds.
- Ability to draft assembly instructions in preparation for new builds if needed.
- In coordination with the team, provide feedback on issues during the builds and recommend corrections to improve the design.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering development and/or manufacturing experience.
- College diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T) or Applied Science Technologist (A.Sc.T) designation would be an asset within the Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Mechanical assembly skills with the ability to use hand/power tools and dexterity to handle parts and assemblies that may be small and delicate to machined or cast aluminum parts, electronic assemblies, and small pumps.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as baking, curing, cleaning, machining, milling, casting, sheet metal forming, and CNC.
- Thorough understanding of Bills of Materials and their BOM structures.
- Be able to read and understand Engineering drawings and 3D drawings/models using CAD tools.
- Knowledge of in-process inspection/testing is an asset.
Please send all resumes to
Modern Technical Staffing
905-477-3315 ext 307