Montship Inc. is looking for a Marine Agent in Vancouver, British Columbia. The successful candidate will be responsible to coordinate ship arrivals and departures at various ports throughout the Lower Mainland.
The Company was originally founded in 1925 and has now grown within the Trealmont Transport Inc. with its various affiliates (which includes Montship Inc.) within the shipping industry and is one of the oldest and most respected shipping agents in Canada.
- Ship attendance, including nights, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Liaise with vessels, marine terminals, vessel owners, operators, suppliers and all other entities involved in a vessel call, including local Authorities and Government Agencies.
- Arrange regulatory filing, provisions, reporting, and handle vendor invoice approvals.
- Exercise a high level of service in relation with all the above partners and customers.
- Assist the Operations Manager, Marine and attend to duties assigned.
- Min 3 years’ related experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong English language skills, both oral and written
- Ability to multitask in a team environment
- Strong customer service skills
- College/University degree preferred
- Available for evening and weekend work
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive health benefit package as well as professional development opportunities. The company will pay supplemental compensation for weekend and holiday work.
Montship Inc. is committed to the Federal Employment Equity Program
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.