Here's To Your Journey with Marriott Hotels
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Central Canada Sales Office, located at 2425 Matheson Blvd.Â E., Suite 100, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 5K4 is currently hiring a Market Director Public Relations.
Manages all public relations activities for all hotels in the market. Develops and executes a market public relations plan to garner positive publicity, which benefits the group of hotels and the brand. Provides news management services including crisis communications training; crisis media response; and post-event news containment. Works with the local Marriott Business Council to develop meaningful community relations activities.Supports key Business Council government and customer relations initiatives, as needed. Builds relationships with all key local consumer and national trade press members. Responds to all media inquiries promptly, and coordinates individual and group media visits.
Education and Experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Journalism, Communications, English, or related major; 5 years experience in public relations, communications, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Developing and Coordinating Communication Efforts
- Manages all public relations activities for all hotels in the market.
- Develops and executes the market public relations plan to garner positive publicity, which benefits the group of hotels and the brand.
- Serves as hotel spokesperson; represents hotels during positive publicity and crisis communications situations.
- Pitches story ideas for editorial placement in consumer print press (including business, workplace, travel, food, lifestyle, and entertainment), trade print press (including hotel, meetings, food and real estate), local television and local radio outlets.
- Provides crisis communications training for executive committee members and all managers, as well as 24/7 crisis communications response for all hotels.
- Provides news management services including crisis communications training; crisis media response; and post-event news containment.
- Works with the local Marriott Business Council to develop meaningful community relations activities.
Building Brand and Property Awareness to Drive Revenue
- Prepares senior executives for media situations; creates executive briefing packets, key speaking points, Q&As, and offers coaching on interview techniques.
- Serves as writing resource for executive speeches, customer letters re: sensitive issues, and advertorial marketing copy, as needed.
- Develops and manages publicity generating special events, such as groundbreakings and grand openings.
- Identifies, hires and manages outside PR resources, as business needs dictate.
- Manages media during executive interviews, including jumping in to curtail inappropriate lines of questioning, deflecting questions that are too micro in nature; offering to provide PR follow-up on facts and figures; and if required, terminating interviews that get off track.
Building Successful Relationships
- Builds relationships with all key local consumer and national trade press members.
- Responds to all media inquiries promptly, and coordinates individual and group media visits.
- Interfaces with MI Corporate Communications executives, regional executives, hotel executives, managers and associates.
- Supports key Business Council government and customer relations initiatives, as needed.
To apply now, go to: https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/19181837?%3Flang=en-us/&src=JB-11
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others. Visit www.marriott.com/careers to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
@lifeatmarriott on Snapchat
So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Notification to Applicants: Central Canada Sales Office takes seriously its obligations under provincial human rights and accessibility legislation (such as the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Accessibility for Manitobans Act, and Nova Scotia Accessibility Act). We are happy to provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.