Requisition ID: 86342
Kiewit is seeking a full-time analyst to assist performing general market intelligence. The primary focus will involve data discovery and analysis for oil, natural gas and petrochemical markets. This position is a unique opportunity to work for a Fortune 500 company while helping establish the market intelligence team as a go-to organization for thought leadership and expertise around key topics in the Energy landscape.
This position is based out of our Kiewit Energy Canada’s Headquarters – 10333 Southport Road SW #200, Calgary, AB T2W 3X6.
• Conduct research and analysis to provide business and market insight that will drive business direction and decisions
• Aggregate and analyze industry, competitor and client data
• Communicate data findings in a succinct and informative manner
• Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis to size, segment and prioritize markets
• Function as an internal consultant to the business, supporting tactical and strategic decisions and recommendations with internal and external data
• Develop visually compelling presentations with content rich material and with backup data/analysis for use by colleagues and senior leadership
• Identify and design research projects as required; fill gaps in market and organizational intelligence
• Collaborate with other departments as appropriate to develop strategic perspective on new markets or technologies
• Complete ad hoc projects as appropriate
• Hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or related field from an accredited university
• Knowledge of energy market fundamentals
• Strong desire to study the energy markets in detail and become a subject matter expert
• Exceptional analytical awareness
• Experience working with large data sets
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Experience with Tableau preferred
• Self-starter, strong interpersonal communication skills with all levels of colleagues, comfortable working with executive management
• Willingness to work both independently and as a team to meet quick deadlines and objectives
Other common names for this role
Market research analyst, corporate strategy, data analysis, market consultant, energy economist
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices withoutdiscrimination,and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment:Engineer, Business Development, Data Analyst, Market Research, Quantitative Analyst, Engineering, Sales, Data, Marketing