At AIR MILES, we bring our brand essence to life by being…
Making life more fun with little surprises and big discoveries
Inspiring daily progress through lively reinforcement and a collaborative community
Delivering value Collectors can use for big goals or daily indulgences
Understanding, anticipating and staying a step ahead of Collectors’ needs
Today, there are more ways than ever to engage shoppers. At AIR MILES, we believe that understanding the people behind the purchase is key to winning their hearts – and their wallets.
For over two decades and from more than fifty locations around the globe, we have paired expertise in shopper behavior with advanced analytics to uncover the data-driven insights that drive successful loyalty, marketing and merchandising solutions.
At AIR MILES, we know that in coming together we are at our strongest – and that together we can help shape the future for our clients, their shoppers and our communities.
For more information, visit:
AIR MILES is dedicated to enriching the careers and lives of our associates which is evident by the following on-site amenities, including:
· Open concept and casual relaxed attire within the office
· Free on-site coffee, beverages, fruit & snacks
· If you prefer Apple products, we are here to help
· Subsidized café providing healthy food options
· On-site gym with complimentary classes
· Games room, outdoor terrace, mini-putt, ping-pong, shuffleboard & Foosball
· High impact role with interesting challenges
· Flexible hours and strong work life balance
· Free shuttle bus from Union Station
· Inclusive events for co-ops, sports games, nights out & more!
· Internal co-op mentoring program
· One of the highest performing companies in the market (NYSE: ADS)
· The ability to work in an open concept environment with no assigned seating
· Companywide volunteer event and charitable matching donations
About the Role
Are you passionate about leveraging your passion and curiosity in both data and business analytics to help more than one hundred of the world’s leading brands improve marketing outcomes and deliver differentiated performance? Are you looking to add some in-demand experience to your CV and expand your analytics expertise in one of the most respected analytics companies in Canada? If so, join AIR MILES growing analytics practice to become a part of a team comprised of industry leading, business oriented analytics thought leaders. Our team translates data into insights, strategy and results for our clients.
About the Team
The Marketing Analytics team is a key strategic partner to a number of internal departments responsible for the management of the AIR MILES Reward Program. Through insightful and timely analysis of data from a multitude of sources, the team is responsible for providing analytics support for the entire AIR MILES Reward Program in areas including Collector Experience, AIR MILES Program Design, Marketing Channels, Innovation, Brand Management, and Sponsor relations.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a well-rounded Analytics & Insights Analyst Intern to join the Marketing Analytics team in our growing Analytics & Insights practice in Toronto. We are looking for bright, curious, and ambitious interns who want to develop and apply both their technical data skills and business acumen. The Analyst Intern plays an integral role in the application & execution of consumer data and analytics to support the development of customer-centric business strategies for Canada’s largest loyalty program.
The Analyst Intern can expect both theoretical and hands-on training on Big Data tools and techniques, exposure to digital and emerging channel measurement, and an opportunity to present their work to colleagues of all levels. The Analyst Intern will participate in AIR MILES broader co-op/intern program which offers opportunities to share knowledge and experiences with other Interns, interact and network with senior leaders across the business, and attend Intern-specific team building events.
- Subject Matter Expert in Loyalty & Marketing Analytics for the AIR MILES Reward Program
- Contribute to all phases of campaign management (ideation, planning, targeting, list generation, measurement, recommendation) with a focus in pre-analysis and post-analysis
- Respond to ad hoc requests (internal & external) for analysis, data and information on a regular basis
- Work collaboratively with internal business partners to fully understand their needs
- Work collaboratively with internal business partners to clearly define analysis / campaign scope, objectives, targeting & measurement strategy for marketing initiatives
- Assist in the translation of business requirements into technical specifications
- Extract, cleanse and modify raw data from multiple data sources, conduct customer analysis or campaign measurement to identify opportunities for clients to maximize the use of AIR MILES Reward Program to drive incremental sales
- Present analysis results and recommendations in business language in different forums/meetings to all levels including senior management
- Identify further marketing opportunities for AIR MILES by keeping up to date on the latest trends in the loyalty, analytics, and marketing spaces
- Assist in creating case studies to demonstrate how analytics drive revenue, profit or efficiencies for our clients and for AIR MILES
- Automate process using SAS/SQL and/or make suggestions to tool / process improvement to drive operational efficiency
- Ensure timely completion of analysis while maintaining high quality
- Balance the demands of multiple concurrent projects while maintaining a high level of diplomacy
- Contribute in other corporate strategic initiatives as required
- Currently 3rd or 4th year student enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in a quantitative field: Statistics, Analytics/Management Analytics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Intelligence and or Mechatronics
- Previous experience with any of: SAS, SQL, relational databases, data warehouse, BI & data visualization tools
- Previous programming experience in any of: VB, R, C+ skills an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office (advanced Excel and PowerPoint)
Business Acumen / Soft Skills
- Natural curiosity and tendency to question “Why?
- Retail / merchandising / financial services industry knowledge a definite advantage
- Problem solving skills coupled with the “can do” attitude
- A strategic thinker who can link assigned tasks to the bigger picture
- Excellent listening, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills
- Comfortable working with both technical and non-technical team members
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments at once
- Provide fact-based opinion in campaign design and strategy recommendations