United Sport & Cycle is seeking a Full-time Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join our Marketing Team. Your primary responsibility will be to tell United’s amazing story in a creative and professional way; both internally and externally to our customer. You will play an active role in driving online traffic to our website, and foot traffic through the door. You will also be responsible for both printed and electronic communication tools and will play a key role in the strategic planning and implantation of our Marketing & Communication plan.
Who YOU are:
You are an out of the box thinker, positive, and have an amazing ability to bring words and pictures to life. You also possess the following:
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications or associated fields (preferred)
- Proven experience (2+ years or more) in the development and implementation of an effective marketing and communication strategy.
- 1-3 years’ experience managing online content for a retail company.
- 1-3 years’ experience managing and engaging an online community for a retail company.
- Must have excellent copyrighting and editing skills.
- Must have experience in using paid Social Media as a form of advertising for a retail business.
- Must be passionate about sport.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Possess a true love and understanding for social and digital media as it relates to retail marketing, and how the different audiences engage and respond to posts on each different medium. Must be currently active in all major digital media platforms (i.e. Website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. YouTube, Blogs and Consumer Email)
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with maintaining web content.
- Proven experience with web content management, including familiarity with HTML, and an understanding of web-related platforms and technology as it relates to retail.
- Experience with desktop publishing (Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator) an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people and work cooperatively on a team, while being able to be self-motivated and see tasks through to completion,
- Energetic, enthusiastic, tactful.
Who WE are:
United Sport & Cycle is one of the largest independent sporting goods stores in Western Canada. Since our beginnings in 1928, we’ve been family owned and operated and we’ve been involved in impacting our local sporting community for 90 years. We are passionate, united and strive for excellence in everything we do!
Working at United Sport & Cycle isn’t just a “job”—it’s a place where you can mesh your livelihood and passion and play every day as a team. It’s a place where you can talk sports and help create an amazing experience for fellow athletes and active people.
Why you want ‘US’, what we offer:
- Competitive wages and a dangerous staff purchase program.
- An exciting, fast-paced environment in an entrepreneurial local business.
- Significant opportunity for personal and professional development.
- Access to company clubs and events
We want legendary people to continue our growth and success, join "US" and become a part of our 'United Family'.
To apply - submit your resume and cover letter (include what makes you legendary and why) no later than, November 16, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMPORTANT: United Sport & Cycle will only ask for the following information during the recruitment process: your resume and/or a completed United Sport & Cycle application. We will not, however, ask for your social insurance number or a bank account number - nor will we ask you to purchase anything or transfer funds. If you are asked for financial information or to engage in any financial transaction, you are dealing with a scammer.