Marketing and Media Manager
Victoria Education Solutions Inc.- Toronto, ON
Victoria Education Solutions Inc. is a private education and training company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. It provides career training services to the Chinese community in Canada through its offices in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. It strives to offer best-in-class training programs to the Chinese community, assist students and new immigrants with career development planning, and help them develop lifelong career management skills. Victoria Education Solutions Inc. has developed its proprietary English training system known as “Jerry English”, which has gained huge traction in many Chinese-speaking communities, and which has enabled Chinese speakers to learn English quickly and accurately. The ultimate objective of Victoria Education Solutions Inc. is to help all students and new immigrants succeed in pursuing their academic, professional or business careers in Canada.
As nearly 100% of Victoria Education Solutions Inc.’s clientele are students or immigrants from mainland China, we consider China to be our primary target market as clients often decide where to study and/or train before arriving to Canada. Victoria Education Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a well-qualified Marketing and Media Manager to promote and expand the market for Victoria Education Solutions Inc.’s training programs, including the Jerry English language learning program, in China, and for newly arrived Chinese-speaking people in Canada. As this position will be dealing with the China market, expertise in Chinese marketing and fluency in written/spoken Mandarin is a must.
- Create and implement a comprehensive short-term and long-term marketing and media strategy for Victoria Education Solutions Inc. to expand the market in Mainland China;
- Conduct extensive market research and analyze results to provide insight and identify the target market(s) in China. Establish concrete objectives and budget to reach and influence the target Chinese market(s);
- Develop and explore marketing channels including Chinese online or digital media and platforms to promote popularity and brand awareness of the company’s training programs, including Jerry English, to the market in China and the Chinese-speaking market in Canada;
- Identify, select and evaluate qualified Chinese local marketing, sales and media partners, educational institutions and related entities, and establish long-term relationships with them；
- Regularly evaluate the marketing progress of the company in Mainland China, and make adjustments to marketing plans as necessary;
- Oversee the design of media campaigns, advertisements and marketing material;
- Take charge and supervise all other marketing and brand development activities for China;
Required Qualifications & Skills
- College diploma or above or equivalent experience is required;
- 10+ years of experience in marketing, advertising, media, or a related field in the mainland China market, of which 5+ years must be in a managerial role;
- 5+ years developing marketing and media strategy and developing marketing materials for the mainland Chinese market, including traditional, online and digital platforms;
- Strong ability to conduct market research, analyze results and identify target markets;
- Extensive knowledge of Chinese marketing, advertising and media channels;
- Strong relationships and a reliable network with Chinese media partners, and related entities.;
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite design software (Photoshop, Illustrator);
- Fluency in spoken and written Mandarin;
- Creative, results-driven and passionate.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent Position
If you are interested in an exciting career with one of Canada’s most successful education and training companies catering to the Chinese market, please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org