WHO IS OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE?
It’s simple; we are looking for an energetic, resourceful student with a strong work ethic and passion to learn about consumer behaviours. We are deadline driven; so if you like a fast-paced environment and are a self-starter, join our program.
Responsibilities of the Marketing Strategy Intern:
The Marketing Strategy Intern will work alongside and learn from the industry’s top experts. Marketing Strategy Interns work closely with our marketing teams while supporting the marketing team on their day-to-day work. You will get an appreciation of what it’s like to work in a fast-paced creative direct marketing environment, where your contribution will matter. Most importantly you'll gain the experience necessary for future employment in marketing.
Major Responsibilities and Duties of the Marketing Strategy Intern:
- Assist and take direction from the Marketing Team on large- and small-scale projects
- Build and develop relationships with both consumers and clients at in-field marketing campaigns to create lasting brand connections for consumers and expand client market share.
- Act as a consultant and resource for consumers to exceed client sales goals.
- Maintain knowledge of all products and services offered and provide support in product training and campaign participation.
- Identify new opportunities for revenue and business development and support existing client relationships.
- Assist in managing territory marketing and planning to ensure maximum coverage and distribution.
Core Competencies of the Marketing Strategy Intern:
- Innate curiosity and always asking questions.
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong research skills
- High computer literacy including Microsoft Office, Excel in particular
- Ability to work independently but able to report back to a team.
- Ability to “manage up” and ask questions and get clarifications as needed
- Flexibility to work within the realities of the marketing services industry
Requirements of the Marketing Strategy Intern:
- Working toward/just completed advertising or marketing degree, diploma, or post-graduate certificate
- Interested in marketing and direct marketing in particular.
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Be a team player
- Be resourceful
- Be eager for feedback
- Always be on the lookout for current and future marketing trends.
** ** Having a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation (personally owned vehicle) is recommended. Must be able to commute to head office in Mississauga. ** **