Requisition ID: 30412
Job Category: Project Management
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Reports to the Project Manager and functionally to the WNA Regional Health and Safety Lead.
- Work closely with the Hatch and BIM team to steward the H&S program.
- Provide advice, strategies and problem solving to personnel on all health and safety issues to achieve the goal of ‘no harm’
- Promote a culture in where health and safety is a value that will never be compromised
- Support the development and implementation of the health and safety policy, safety management plan and standards. Ensure it is aligned with the Baffin Island Mining (BIM) and Hatch safety management system and delivery approach
- Ensure inclusion of health and safety in preparation of project execution plans, definitions of objectives and project kickoff
- Ensure the delivery, rollout and successful completion of all required training on the project
- Provide assistance in all precontract, tender assessment and contract administration in relation to health and safety requirements and expectations
- Define local statutory and regulatory requirements and communicate with the team
- Lead and facilitate the project hazard analysis and risk assessment process across all disciplines
- Ensure the implementation and support of the Hatch safety information management system and participate in incident investigations and reporting
- Develop, implement and coordinate the process of health and safety reporting
- Develop, implement and coordinate incident reporting, analysis and statistical returns
- Coordinate and submit health and safety leading indicator and information reports
- Prepare, implement and review emergency response plans
- Implement and manage the audit & inspection program for Hatch
- Measure compliance with rules, safety management plans and health and safety procedures
- Provide and assist with application of workplace, health and safety systems support and procedures for use by staff
- Ensure appointment of key health and safety staff and contractors
- Assign health and safety staff to work and contribute to workforce planning initiatives
- Manage health and safety staff to achieve targets
- Recruit and induct health and safety staff
- Provide workers compensation and rehabilitation support, advice and manage the process.
Qualifications and Experience
- 10 to 15 years experience in health and safety at the managerial level, with at least 10 years on site experience on major construction projects in remote northern locations
- Working knowledge of the Health and Safety act and associated regulations for Nunavut
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A high level of computer skills
- A high level of organizational skills
- A passion for continual improvement of project health and safety performance
- Ability to lead and motivate on site project teams in health and safety.
- Formal health and safety qualifications. Degree, diploma, CSP, CRSP
- Member of a recognized health and safety professional organization
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.