Our client is a premier brand in medical diagnostics and a global leader in the development of best-in-class technologies that help answer complex scientific challenges to improve our world. They have engaged ROSS to help them recruit Mass Spec Software Verification Specialists. They're located in Vaughan.
You will leverage your past experience and scientific background to plan and conduct all levels of verification against our client’s software products within an agile team of designers and developers. You will be responsible for ensuring that the products meet defined exit criteria and that their development practices are followed.
This 1 Year Contract has a high likelihood for year-after-year renewal or for it to become permanent employment
The ideal candidate is a confidant & self-motivated individual who is unafraid to use their extensive scientific background to be a savvy and vocal advocate for our client’s customers, ensuring that the finished product is an effective one through the use of their ingrained consideration of quality throughout the product development lifecycle.
The candidate will use the provided test tools and agile processes to assist developers, ensure that the products work as expected and manage the tools, frameworks and verification environments.
- Sc. / M.Sc. / PhD in Chemistry or Biochemistry OR 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- If you have chemistry education and hands-on mass spec experience, our client will train you on software verification to ensure your success :)
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are an absolute necessity.
- Nice-to-have Experience of particular interest:
- Quantitative LC-MS/MS
- Experience with Method development and validation
- Understanding of validation requirements for regulated environments preferred.
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills.
- Ability to rapidly learn new hardware and software.
- Ability to design relevant test cases based on realistic customer workflows.
- Verifying that our software products fully meets requirements
- Verifying product robustness
- Creation, maintenance and execution of product test suites
- Exploratory testing
- Fleshing out of high level requirements
- Creating accurate verification traceability
- Tracking verification progress, project issues, risks and requirements
- Clearly document and communicate issues found during testing to facilitate corrective action by developers and/or designers.
- Understand subsystem level requirements and participate in development/design discussions making recommendations to improve verification activities.
- Planning, preparation and execution of Validation Protocols to support customer workflows within regulated laboratory environments.
- Validation of new algorithms
If you're not interested, but know someone who is, please help a current or former colleague in their career development by referring them and earning yourself a $1,000 referral fee!