We are Systematix and we are currently looking for a Mass Spectrometer Hardware Verification Specialist with strong communication and technology skills to fill a contract position with one of our key Life science clients.
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
Our client is one of North America’s leading Scientific Test and Measurement organizations, with offices worldwide. As Hardware Verification Specialist, you will be responsible for creating and executing verification test plans, protocols and reports in all phases of product development life cycle (including post-launch). You will use the provided test tools and agile processes to assist projects, ensure that the products work as designed and manage the tools, frameworks and verification environments.
Specifically, your responsibilities in this role are:
- Creating and executing specific product verification procedures that would show the suitability and demonstrate quality of the software and system elements that are an integral part of a given product, i.e. verification plans, test protocols and cases, verification reports, etc
- Executing all aspects of the verification effort required for a given project, including in some cases validation and where necessary assisting others in either verification or validation efforts.
- Implementing and documenting configurations/ networks/ equipment/ instrument needed to ensure a complete hardware and software configuration coverage necessary to support a full lab and customer workflow process.
- Working with research scientists, service engineers, application specialists and managers to characterize and troubleshoot product issues.
- Suggesting and verifying fixes and corrective and preventive actions.
- Assisting other R&D individuals in the execution of their specific tests for example regulatory and software development Reporting in a timely manner verification progress, issues, risks, and requirements compliance status.
- Reviewing product documentation such as requirements and product specifications, functional specifications review.
- Storing and archiving of verification raw data, documents and records for new and existing products.
- Instrument and computer maintenance. Troubleshooting and assessing released product issues.
- Active participation in the evaluation and introduction of new tools, techniques, approaches, and verification methods.
- Elaboration and execution of ISO procedures developed for the Verification function.
- Calibrating, testing, optimization and troubleshooting mass spectrometer range of products and options according to work instructions and procedures.
- Meeting cycle time as defined by Technical Consultant.
- Recording all test data as directed by procedures and work instructions.
- Implementing corrective and preventive action as required.
- Daily torque verification.
- Working on final test improvement projects when required.
ABOUT THE REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Engineering or Science background (M.Sc or PhD highly desirable)
- 1+ years of Laboratory Method Development experience
- 1+ years of Mass Spectrometer experience
- 1+ years of working with LC devices and peripherals
- 4+ years of experience in a hands-on testing role and is comfortable across a whole range of testing including regression, performance, stress, acceptance, exploratory and system testing
- Experience working in a Test-Driven Development, XP (extreme programming), SCRUM or Agile Environment
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to rapidly learn new hardware and software
- Superior communication skills and a team-oriented, collaborative orientation
- Ability to design relevant test cases based on realistic customer workflows
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a 12 month contract position, located in our client’s North Toronto offices.
If you are interested in finding out more please contact us or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across Canada, we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to hundreds of Regional, National, Provincial and Federal Government clientele.
Systematix, we pride ourselves in taking care of our consultant partnerships - by doing the little things that matter - like taking the time to get to know you, knowing when an opportunity is the perfect fit, informing you every step of the way, and building the foundation for long term relationships. We do the same with out clients, concerning ourselves more with the project than the position, so that we have the information you need to ensure an opportunity is right for you. We only work with people who enjoy making a difference.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!