With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Mondelez Canada is currently looking for a Materials Coordinator/Scheduler to join our Team at the Toronto East York Bakery. Under the direction of the Biscuit Supply Chain Manager, this role will be responsible for the generation of a production plan to maintain the necessary inventory needs. A weekly plan will be formulated and adjusted where necessary in conjunction with the Production Department. The role will also be responsible to ensure that materials are ordered and delivered on time and that all manual and computerized records are kept up to date.
Although some time is spent in the plant, most of the required work is conducted in a well-ventilated office environment. Manufacturing environment will have varying levels of noise and with requirement to wear company mandated uniform and safety equipment such as safety shoes, ear plugs, hair net and lab coat.
Primary responsibilities in order of importance.
• Set limits on levels of manufacturing operations in the future considering sales forecasts, the requirements, and availability of labour, machine, materials, etc.
• Support the Commercialization Process including scheduling of trials
• Plan requirements for components based upon requirements for secondary tertiary process products.
• Meet with Line Teams as required to ensure planning rates are accurate
• Inform all key Production personnel of any changes to the production plan.
• Produce as required a line loading/plant utilization based on latest sales forecasts.
• Responsible to maintain and update all scheduling related information in SAP/APO (includes schedules, master data, etc.)
• Update and track attainment/CTS both internally and externally.
• Work on plans to improve CTS at the plant
• Create and maintain Operation BOMs in SAP
• Order raw and packaging materials ensuring that all orders are in SAP and up to date.
• Ensure that inventory of raw and packaging material is at the optimal level at all times
• Shared responsibility for Inventory Turns performance for the plant
• Coordinate, book and manage delivery appointments for raw and packaging material deliveries
• Key releases and orders into SAP and make required changes to ensure ordering takes place
• Follow-up with suppliers on status of raw and packaging material orders
• Core team member in Material Monitoring Program – ensuring proper samples are ordered from vendors to support the initiative
• Investigate and resolve invoice discrepancies for raw and pack; by verifying goods received and comparing invoices to receipt
• Attend and participate in the weekly and monthly production meetings
• Any other duties as assigned by your leader or their designate
• Vacation coverage for Materials Coordinator and Finite Scheduler
Internal and External Contacts:
• Internal: Line Leaders & Line Managers, Quality, Financial Leader, and Plant Leadership Team
• External: Suppliers; Material Planning; Product Development; Packaging Development; Supply Planning; Trucking companies Logistics; Custom’s Broker
• Flexible with an exceptionally high ability to prioritize tasks and daily work activities in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions, work independently and deal with multiple issues at any one time.
• Organized, able to handle pressure and can react quickly to changes, and demonstrates ability to “think-on-your-feet”.
• Strong communication and employee relations skills
• Good diplomacy & conflict management
• Demonstrated analytical and planning skills
• Results orientated.
• APICS CPIM Certification preferred or seeking certification
• College Diploma/University Degree preferred
• Production planning and inventory control experience
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with 1 of these being direct hands-on production process experience.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and technologies
• Strong computer skills (Proficient in Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Access) including Windows software and plant informational systems (SAP/APO, SharePoint)
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written English
• Must be a strong performer who demonstrates reliability, an excellent attendance record, excellent team work and strong self-directed individual and group work ethic
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process.
For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance/support. Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.