Material Handler I - Distribution
This role requires flexibility to work in the Cold area for long hours.
Note - requires individuals to be flexible to work 1 week in nights after every 5 weeks.
How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivalled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
What will you do?
Warehouse technician position is to perform all tasks related to fulfilling customer orders, receiving in-bound shipments, inventory replenishment, work area cleanliness, inventory management and any other request associated with supporting the quality system of the distribution department.
- Processing outbound shipments as well as in-bound shipments
- Follow all proper safety protocols and PPE requirements.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and follow departmental and company policies.
- Use various shipping systems to dispatch outbound shipments.
- Meet departmental/site goals by efficiently prioritizing and communicating daily tasks.
- Organize workflow, estimate progress of order fulfillment, and adhere to work schedules (start time/end time, lunch and breaks) to ensure minimal disruption to workflow.
- Work cooperatively and efficiently with coworkers to achieve team, department, and company metrics.
- Support to Quality Objectives by proactively reporting corrective and or/preventative actions to your immediate supervisor when warranted for the continuous improvement of operations.
- Perform all duties according to company Standard Operating Procedures and Quality System requirements. Follow all company and departmental quality policies.
- Efficiently and safely operate machinery and check for simple maintenance as needed and make slight adjustments when necessary. Report malfunctioning equipment immediately to the supervisor and/or manager.
- Continuously assess the physical condition of the workplace regarding safety and ergonomic correctness.
- Report property damage and/or safety hazards to the Manager, Human Resources, Health, and Safety or Senior Management immediately.
- Other duties as defined and assigned as required.
How will you get there?
- Must have completed High School or a College Diploma.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Lift up to 50 lbs. Push/pull up to 600 lbs skids on a repetitive basis.
- Operate Lift Truck, Hand Truck.
- Stand for sustained periods of time, approximately 8 hours a day.
- Nice to have a Forklift (Pallet Jack) license, if not, adequate training will be provided.
- Must possess basic English communications skills, both written and/or verbal
- Must be able to comprehend and follow both written and/or verbal English communications
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations.