Join Canada’s lifeline!
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors, and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs and tissues.
Canadian Blood Services is looking to hire3Regular Part-Time 0.6 FTE Material Handlers/Driversin our Winnipeg location.
Our Drivers are responsible for much more than just driving. We look to our Drivers to: prepare daily vehicle inspection and driver logs, be familiar and comfortable working with computers, work hands-on with packaged blood product, frequently travel with a team, pitch in at our mobile clinics, and much more! Our drivers will be working very closely with our Clinic Services team and also with the general public - so an aptitude for customer service is imperative!
You will operate and maintains Canadian Blood Services’ vehicles, completes collection on mobile clinics, packs and transports blood products, supplies, employees, volunteers, donors and related equipment, as directed.
Are you ready to embark on a meaningful and inspiring journey, where what you do matters? Be part of Canada’s lifeline. Because we can all be the reason, the connection, that keeps Canadians living.
- Receive, prepare and ship blood products/specimens.
- Perform various duties as a member of the Collection team on mobile clinics, according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), safety and regulatory standards.
- Maintain Canadian Blood Services’ vehicle fleet.
- Understand and use Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Centre Operating Procedures (COPs) as a source of information and guidance in the performance of all duties.
- Comply with Transport Canada Hours of Service Regulations, National Safety Code and provincial Highways Traffic Acts.
- Completion of a secondary school program.
- Must have a valid Class 4 Manitoba Driver’s License
- A minimum of24 months professional driving experience within the last 3 years.
- A clean Commercial Driver Abstract is required within 30 days of application.
- Preference is given to those who have experience driving a 5 ton truck.
- Previous experience in a customer service environment is an asset.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, being able to exercise sound judgement, tact and discretion when dealing with others.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, being able to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities within short time lines.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with departmental staff, management, customers, volunteers and the general public.
- Working knowledge of personal computers is an asset.
- Motivated to succeed, ability to think outside the box and deliver results.
- Ability to operate company vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
- General mechanical aptitude; ability to inspect and perform minor maintenance on company vehicles.
- General knowledge of local street system, highway system.
- The job requires extended periods of sitting, kneeling, standing, and walking.
- The ability to lift supplies and equipment up to 23kg throughout the course of a regular work schedule is required.
- Off-site travel is required on a regular basis for short and/or extended periods of time.