Summary of Responsibilities
As part of a multidisciplinary team on the on the Canadian Surface Combatant Project (CSC), you will be a member of the G&C deployed team on site in Halifax. You will interact directly with all client levels as required by the client, and be responsible for generating innovative solutions to complex engineering challenges (perform calculations applying material science principles, techniques, procedures and criteria in the areas of materials engineering) associated with a fresh multinational workforce developing a new naval combatant. Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Engineering Manager - Specialty Systems, with the implementation of materials requirements.
- Decompose legislative and System Requirement Document (SRD) materials requirements
- Identify Vendor Furnished Information (VFI) requirements.
- Assess design compliance with VFI from the supply chain.
- Support Naval Ship Code (ANEP-77) Fire Certification.
- Provide support to Engineering Teams and Working Groups in respect of materials selection.
- Provide project support to Engineering Manager - Specialty Systems.
- Promote positive Safety and Environmental Culture within the Project.
- Support a culture of collaboration, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the Project.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- BS Degree in Structural, Materials, or Marine Engineering.
- Be a role model for professional behavior.
- PE or EIT is a plus
- Experience with Naval Surface Combatant design or construction.
- 5 (+) Years of professional engineering and program management experience.
- Experience in using DOORS or similar Requirements management tool.
- Proficiency in Naval Architecture Software Tools such as: GHS, SHCP, AutoCAD, MS-Office.
- Excellent Oral, Written and Presentation Skills.
- Strong Time Management and Organization Skills as an Independent Contributor.
- Demonstrated Interpersonal Skills as a member of a Collaborative multidisciplinary team.
- Strong materials engineering background
- Excellent interpersonal skills for both team and client
General Position Requirements:
- Travel: 75% or greater to Halifax, NS
- Start with 4-6 weeks up in Halifax, Then back to US (out of one of our offices) and travel as necessary back to Halifax to support client demand.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.