|Position Title||Materials Manager|
|No. of Positions||1|
|Geographic Location||Guelph, Ontario, Canada|
|Facility||Skyjack Guelph Plant 2|
|Job Description||Materials Manager|
• A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or economics is required.
• Graduate of Certified Materials Management Program or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of five years experience in a materials or purchasing role and three years of supervision in production planning and inventory control.
• Ability to compare costs of purchasing options which differ in prices, discounts, rebates, shipping charges, customs fees and currency exchange rates. Monitor inventory levels, inventory turnover rates and order fill rates to diagnose purchasing and distribution problems.
• Possess excellent communication skills to interact with co-workers, customers and suppliers about operational matters. Negotiate contracts and resolve disputes with suppliers. Negotiate terms with new suppliers and changes to agreements with existing suppliers.
• Ability to judge the quality of products. Evaluate quality of service provided by suppliers. Assess benefits and drawbacks of carrying particular products.
• Working knowledge of Customs compliance. Possess ability to read and understand engineering drawings with the ability to communicate technical information to suppliers and engineers. Obtain data such as universal product codes, product descriptions and specifications, prices, discounts, taxes, and comments about suppliers and merchandising methods.
• Ability to work independently, but also work in teams with co-workers to ensure effective forecasting, product distribution and marketing. Collaborate with controllers and other managers to make forecasts and build inventories that are compatible with Linamar’s sales strategies and budgets.
• Working knowledge of all applicable software (MS office, AS400, IFS an asset). Use computer applications and communications software as needed. Create spreadsheets for tracking inventory, planning ordering schedules and calculating costs for purchases.
• Engage in continuous learning to keep up-to-date information on new products and market trends, and to operate new automated sales and inventory management systems. Learn through daily work experience, by reading trade publications and by talking with co-workers, colleagues and suppliers.
• Co-ordinate and monitor all incoming and outgoing materials, production, shipping, and purchasing
• Supervise, initiate, control and direct the activities of all personnel involved in ensuring on time delivery at minimum cost of labour and materials
• Ensure timely receipts of Raw materials to support productions requirements.
• Proper scheduling of personnel to ensure all aspect of the operations is covered.
• Train materials personnel in TS16949, ISO 14001, Health and Safety, and facility policies, procedures and work instructions as they apply to their role.
• Manage Customer Capacity and Volume variance Systems.
• Lead physical inventories, monitor inventory levels and adjust accordingly.
• Prepare month end reports, assist in leading all quarterly physical inventories, effective utilization of plant capacity in conjunction with POC, understand and administer monthly metal market changes.
• Timely execution of Performance appraisals for Direct reports.
• Ensure customer scheduling requirements are met through credible attainable production schedules.
• Ensure co-ordination between production schedules and shipping schedules to meet customer requirements.
• Co-ordinate interplant (Linamar Group) sub-contracting.
• Monitor supplier compliance performance as to specifications and SPC needs, delivery, service and costs.
• Minimize transportation costs by using Linamar Transportation whenever possible.
• Monitor consigned material flow in consideration of floor space usage, ensure First In, First Out, and accommodate lot control traceability.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
|Employment Type||Full Time Salary|
|Percentage of Travel Required||1-10%|