Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
As part of the Supply Chain Management team, the Materials Manager is responsible to manage all aspects of materials flow and to maintain control and accuracy over all goods inventories, including all transactions, scheduling, warehouse receiving and shipping, to ensure the production orders are fulfilled on time.
This is a permanent full time position located in Halifax Regional Municipality, NS.
- Bachelor degree in business administration, logistics or relevant field
- 5+ years’ experience in inventory, distribution and operational procedures
- Proven experience as inventory manager or similar position within a unionized environment
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis
- Working knowledge of inventory management software
- An analytical mind with strong math skills
- Able to multi-task and work independently
- Experience with Six Sigma or Lean concepts
- Must have excellent communication and problem solving skills and enjoy working in a fast paced, team environment where the expectation is to work within a team where decision making skills are crucial to project completion
- Maintain and provide current understanding of industry best practices and technology trends.
- Leads by example and motivates people so as to create a challenging, empowering, and collaborative working environment.
- Good technical writing, documentation, and record keeping skills.
- Excellent analytical problem solving ability.• Ability to contribute in a cross functional collaborative environment.
- Ability to leverage metrics and other tools to drive productivity and performance.
- Ability to develop and analyze key process indicators and measures
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Manage logistics activities, including inbound receipt, storage, kitting and parts marshalling within the production facility. Manage the delivery of products and services, including parts, equipment, commodities and subcontractors.
- Manage material flow within a production environment
- Record daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile inventory
- Drive process improvement and devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures
- Build relationships with Production, Planning and Facilities to ensure that problems, issues and improvement opportunities are addressed in a timely and effective manner
- Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing, in conjunction with Finance, an inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
For further details, please contact Tracey MacCharles at: email@example.com
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.