Eaton’sElectrical Sector is currently seeking a Material Manager to join our team.
This position is based at our Airdrie, Canadamanufacturing plant.
Thisposition directs and controls the movement of material in and out of theAirdrie manufacturing plant and manages key materials-related functions suchas: purchasing, material planning, inventory control, shipping, receiving,customer service, and warehousing. Primarily responsible for supporting theLVCA Manufacturing Operation, the Materials Manager is also responsible formaximizing service levels to anumber of internal & externalcustomers, including (but not limited to) Perth, Satellites, and Milton. Thisposition directly manages the Materials Department and Warehouse Coordinator,and directly manages the Warehouse employees.
Makingwhat matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around theworld. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discoverybecome reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals likeyou can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Youwill manage materials, purchasing & logistics function: responsible forplant requirements related to world-class materials processes, systems, andexecution. Including, but not limited to: logistics, internal plantmaterials flow, ERP materials systems, pull-systems, shipping, receiving,materials planning, and consignment management.
- Youwill manage, direct, develop & guide associates in developing materialsskills
- Youwill maximize team performance through training, development andhiring/promotion of talents
- Youwill manage strategic planning process related to materials activities.Initiate & implement process improvement activities to meet business goals(scheduling levels, lean value chains, logistics)
- You will manage ERPmaterials systems (e.g. Oracle) and pull-systems
- Youwill uphold the demand planning & production scheduling processesintegrated with Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning processes (SIOP)
- Youwill manage production scheduling based on customer demand. Manage schedulingand releases to internal operations & suppliers to ensure superior supplierdelivery performance while minimizing freight costs & inventory investment
- Youwill maintain clear and effective communication with our customers in order toestablish a partnership, avoiding logistics issues in order to guaranteeCustomer satisfaction (OTD)
- Youwill coordinate plant projects for new products, freight, distributionservices, packaging, transportation, and systems enhancements.
- Youwill drive materials & logistics cost-out activities as representative forthe plant
- Youwill implement Lean manufacturing & CIF at a dept. level through the use oflean tools and philosophies.
- Youwill ensure that adequate measures and procedures are put into effect thatprotects the health and safety of workers (i.e. lockout, confined space entry)following acceptable industry practices (i.e. CSA) and applicable health andsafety legislation.
Whenwe embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each ofus unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies foraccommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interviewand require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know sothat we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs.Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
- University degree in business, engineering or related discipline
- 3 years of experience in supply chain or materials management in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 years of experience in a people management role
- Experience with ERP systems
- APICS and Six Sigma Green BeltCertifications
- Knowledgeof ISO 9001 Quality Program preferred.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing tools,pull systems (KanBan and Min-Max).
- Knowledge of warehouse systems
- Knowledge of computers and softwareapplications including MRP
- Experience managing a mixture ofoffice and production employees
- Experience with SAP or Oracle
- Excellentcommunication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstratedsupervisory and problem-solving ability.
- Knowledgeof material requirements planning, processes, logistics and a make-to-orderinventory system.
- Understandingof Transportation Management and Distribution.
- Manufacturing& Quality Control processes/procedures.
- Highlyeffective leadership abilities.
- Goodunderstanding of safety requirements.
- Adaptableto changing environment.
- ResultsDriven; Data-based decision making
- Abilityto develop and motivate others
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Primary Location: Canada-AB-Airdrie
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time