We are a major energy infrastructure business that has experienced tremendous growth over the past decade. This growth has provided our employees with stability, positive challenges, new career paths and opportunities to work in a dynamic team environment. As one of Alberta’s Top 75 Employers we are proud to say no matter where your role at Inter Pipeline may lie, you are provided ample opportunities for valued contribution and innovation, with a strong emphasis on employee growth.
Located out of our Kindersley office, the Measurement Technician will report to the Supervisor, Pipeline Field Operations. As a key member of the Operations Team this frontline role will be responsible for supporting quality analysis and organizing the contract meter proving responsibilities. The focus of this integral role will be ensuring reliability, coverage and consistency during peak times of laboratory analysis and meter proving for the Mid-Sask Pipeline.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Instrumentation background would be an asset.
- 5 years of experience related to Measurement and Lab work.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Conduct measurement activities in compliance with company and other required measurement standards.
- Execute and direct Contractors for pipeline meter proving as required.
- Review Contractor meter proving reports ensuring accuracy, validate contractor results that are outside of expected limits and approve or address.
- Troubleshooting, repair, and replacement of meter Inner Assembly’s and gear trains along with Coriolis Meters and other measurement Instrumentation
- Work with Measurement Advisor to improve consistency of measurement and best practices within the Conventional pipelines.
- Audit and evaluate measurement practices of 3rd Party custody transfer locations for compliance with applicable standards.
- Analyze and provide insight on product over/short balances, pipeline maintenance alarms to direct attention to problems or potential problem areas that could result in call-outs or pipeline shut downs and report on these trends.
- Perform sediment and water testing in lab. Perform Sulphur Analysis, Vapour Pressure testing, and record/document all results.
- Maintain all lab equipment to applicable industry and manufacturer’s specifications. Record and retain all documents pertaining to equipment maintenance.
- Support the Measurement Systems team in development of standardized documents through the Inter Pipeline (IPL) measurement program.
- Measurement Representative for the pipeline system.
Full time, 9 x 80 work schedule with every second Friday off
On call support within the district and other conventional pipelines required on occasion
As this position is identified as safety and security sensitive, employment of a final candidate will be conditional upon completion of pre-employment medical, drug/alcohol, drivers abstract and criminal background check assessments with satisfactory results.
Relocation assistance may be offered, conditions apply.