Mechanic - 6 month contract - Manheim Milton***(
***Evening shift: 5 pm to 1 am***
***6 Month contract***
This position ensures proper operation of vehicles and mechanical equipment by inspecting vehicles, determining the mechanical repair needs, performing specified repair and replacing specified parts according to instruction, as well as performing routine vehicle maintenance.
- Inspect vehicles for damage, missing parts, and mechanical problems.
- Diagnose problems and estimate repair costs according to appropriate guidelines.
- Order repair parts as instructed and perform designated repairs including replace brake pads, rotors, radiators, gaskets, water pump, hoses, plugs, wires, distributor cap, switches, mirrors, knobs, tires, etc.
- Perform minor electrical repairs (i.e. electrical components, power windows, power, mirrors, door locks, etc.).
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance (i.e. mechanical work on brakes, fuel pumps, alternators, air conditioning, oil changes, tire balancing and rotation, replacing batteries, etc.).
- Check vehicles on sale day to ensure vehicles are operational.
- Ensure repair orders are completed correctly by maintaining knowledge of current rates, labor and parts charges, and manufacturer updates and changes concerning vehicle requirements.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 2-5 years of automotive or mechanical work experience required.
- 310S certification required, and a member in good standing with the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (Ontario).
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Ability to enter and exit vehicles frequently.
- Ability to drive for long periods of time.
- Ability to communicate and follow directions.
- Ability to work safely in a fast paced environment.
- Good work habits and attendance.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Ability to lift at 50 lbs pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Afternoon shift
- 6 month contract
- Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
- Moderate noise level.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Closing:With more than 20,000 employees in operating locations around the globe, Manheim is the world's largest provider of vehicle remarketing services. In 2010, Manheim handled nearly 10 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value. A subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, Manheim is transforming the wholesale vehicle buying and selling experience through investments in technology and innovative products and services. Manheim markets Manheim Financial Services (MAFS), OVE.com, Total Resource Auctions, Manheim Frontline, Manheim Specialty and Heavy Truck Equipment, Manheim Consulting and other respected brands to the remarketing industry in 15 countries, including Australia, Turkey and the United Kingdom. Manheim is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free workplace. Please submit your resume to:http://www.coxenterprises.com/coxcareer/