Bunge Limited (www.bunge.com, NYSE: BG) is a leading global agribusiness and food company operating in over 40 countries with approximately 32,000 employees. Bunge buys, sells, stores and transports oilseeds and grains to serve customers worldwide; processes oilseeds to make protein meal for animal feed; produces edible oil products for consumers and commercial customers in the food processing, industrial and artisanal bakery, confectionery, human nutrition and food service categories; produces sugar and ethanol from sugarcane; mills wheat, corn and rice to make ingredients used by food companies; and sells fertilizer in South America. Founded in 1818, the company is headquartered in White Plains, New York.
Assist in performing maintenance tasks on plant equipment as assigned. Servicing and inspection of yard vehicles and powered industrial equipment. Performing yard work, loading and unloading material from trucks, forklift operation. Assist the stores clerk with parts inventory management. Responsible for housekeeping of work areas and relief janitorial duties.
- Work with various maintenance staff, electrical staff, operations staff and contractors in a team environment.
- Contribute to the overall plant safety by participating in plant safety training and hazard detection.
- Participate with maintenance team members in an on-call rotation for repairs as required during off hours.
- Full knowledge of and compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Full knowledge of and compliance with related Good Manufacturing Practices(GMP)
- Must be on time for work schedule as assigned – regular hours may be adjusted and overtime may be required.
- Co-operate with other maintenance staff, operations staff, supervisors, management, and outside contractors as required.
- Must be able to wear and utilize all required personal protective equipment including harnesses, masks, clothing, etc..
- Must be willing and able to work in various conditions, in heat, in cold, at heights, and in confined space.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb ladders, catwalks, scaffolding, etc.
- Willingness to learn new procedures and participate in training.
- Help to maintain a clean and orderly Maintenance building
- Assist maintenance workers, deliver parts and tools to work areas
- Assist the Stores/Parts Clerk with computerized inventory management.
- Perform basic vehicle servicing on maintenance vehicles and yard equipment.
- Yard maintenance, snow removal, rail switch cleaning
- Assist in Shipping and Receiving duties, forklift operation
- Perform relief janitorial duties.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
- Ability to read and understand written manuals, work orders, etc.
- Ability to create written records of work, recording work done, parts used, problems, etc.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Computer literacy – competent in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Training or experience operating forklifts, telehandlers, skid steer loaders
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License required
- Minimum grade 12 education
- Unrestricted cross border mobility
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled