- Inspect vehicles for damage, missing parts, and mechanical problems.
- Diagnose problems and estimate repair costs according to appropriate guidelines.
- Order repair parts as instructed and perform designated repairs including replace brake pads, rotors, radiators, gaskets, water pump, hoses, plugs, wires, distributor cap, switches, mirrors, knobs, tires, etc.
- Perform minor electrical repairs (i.e. electrical components, power windows, power, mirrors, door locks, etc.).
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance (i.e. mechanical work on brakes, fuel pumps, alternators, air conditioning, oil changes, tire balancing and rotation, replacing batteries, etc.).
- Check vehicles on sale day to ensure vehicles are operational.
- Ensure repair orders are completed correctly by maintaining knowledge of current rates, labor and parts charges, and manufacturer updates and changes concerning vehicle requirements.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
2-5 years of automotive or mechanical work experience required.
310S certification required, and a member in good standing with the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (Ontario).
Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
Ability to enter and exit vehicles frequently.
Ability to drive for long periods of time.
Ability to communicate and follow directions.
Ability to work safely in a fast paced environment.
Good work habits and attendance.
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
Ability to lift at 50 lbs pounds.
Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
- Moderate noise level.
- Generous benefits
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: CA-ON-Niagara Falls-9946 McLeod Rd
Employee Status: Contractual
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing