Overview / Responsibilities
Wood in Calgary is looking to add a Mechanical Engineer - in - Training to our Downstream & Chemicals team for a tempoary position (3-6 months).
- �Provide support to the engineers in technical tasks.
- Help with the development of mechanical equipment specifications, datasheets, Mechanical Equipment Lists, etc.
- Support the assembling of techical requisitions,
- Input to the Techical Bid evaluation from the vendor proposals
- Provide support for marking up and checking of vendor drawings
- Help with the input to Piping Stress Analysis software
- Help with the developemnt of Specialty Piping List
- Assemble Equipment data book form the Vendors
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering with eligibility to be registered with APEGA as an EIT
- Previous experience in an industrial environment in Canada or the United States (summer positions)
- Must be legally able to work in Canada at time of application
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.