We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for our Regina location. The successful applicant will have great mechanical/electrical/hydraulic/pneumatic intuition and well developed technical and rational skills. They will have expressed a clear desire for continuous learning and improvement, both with respect to career objectives and design solutions.
- Use 3D CAD to develop projects and products.
- Use a combination of 2D CAD and other tools to develop overall system designs.
- Focus on DFx, i.e. Design For Manufacturability, Serviceability, Reliability, Affordability, etc.
- Produce engineering deliverables that meet Quality, Cost and Schedule requirements.
- Mentor and develop personnel.
- Field research as required. Business travel will be an occasional requirement.
- Other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
- Professional Engineer or Technologist with 5 years of experience
- Extensive experience in machine design and 3D CAD systems, preferably Solidworks
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Product/project knowledge in the platform area
- Experience designing welded and bolted fabricated assemblies
- Knowledge of material science for steel and aluminum
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic