At Williams Engineering we realize that having the right people is paramount to our ability to provide exceptional service to our clients. As our people are the most important part of our business; we make sure they are provided with fair compensation, training, advancement opportunities, in a positive team environment.
Position Purpose: Working closely with the Project Manager, acting as a Project Manager or Technical Lead on various projects, and maintaining the technical competence and production requirements of the projects. Provides exceptional customer service and coordination assistance with internal and external project partners (consultants, contractors, etc.).
We are seeking to fill one role however we are interested in reviewing applications from Mechanical, Electrical and Structural Engineers.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Work with the Team lead/ Project Manager/ Engineering Manager in providing our clients with finished projects in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with the Project Manager; this includes collecting and coordinating useful information.
- Modify established standards, devise new approaches, apply existing criteria in new manners, and draw conclusions for comparative situations.
- Identify innovative technical approaches to mechanical engineering.
- Act as a mentor/coach to junior staff.
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior staff, this includes reviewing reports and ensuring technical standards are met.
- Resolve mechanical/construction technical issues, cost implications and conflicts with contractors.
- Provide effective options and solutions to design problems, mitigating WEC’s exposure and protecting client relationships.
- Work with Project Manager and Technical Leads to solve interdisciplinary design conflicts.
- Provide input for proposals, may lead proposal writing for clients to whom you are the main contact.
- Share expertise with other offices.
- May act as client contact.
- Contribute to maintaining and improving quality control.
- Calculate cost opinions, change orders and earned value.
- With proven competency, prepare engineering design, specification and/or recommendations for a variety of the following:
- energy analysis
- equipment selection and specification
- fuel systems
- high and low pressure piping
- mechanical design details
- sustainable design
- storm and sewer design
- Operate independently on routine projects and oversee work plans and procedures on routine projects.
- Coordinate with all disciplines, extract and relay relevant information for complex projects.
- Actively perpetuate and embody WEC culture and values.
- Stamp own project design and reports and that of engineers in training for whom you are providing peer review as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- P.Eng. Status with appropriate provincial association
- 4 – 6 years of experience minimum
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a person who listens well, respects diversity of opinions and has an open, clear and succinct communication style.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in handling multiple projects, performing a variety of tasks, and meeting required deadlines.
- Ability to represent the company to the staff, clients and community by ensuring the best image is presented.
- Application knowledge of programs (including Vision, MS Office, AutoCaD, Revit MEP).
- Ability to calculate cost opinions, change orders and earned value.
- Ability to develop engineering cost proposals.
- Ability to identify risks – satisfy client needs/ our needs.
- Ability to accurately apply codes and regulations.
- Ability to coordinate with all disciplines, extract and relay relevant information for complex projects.
- Competency in HVAC criteria for industrial projects.
- Competency as a technical specialist in energy analysis, equipment selection and specification, fuel systems, high/low pressure piping, and plumbing.
- Ability to write reports not requiring significant editing.