Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Metropolis at Metrotown
Position type: Salaried
The primary responsibility is to supervise and lead the Mechanical Department, which oversees the maintenance of the mechanical, electrical systems, building management systems and the life safety systems for the Metropolis at Metrotown properties to the highest level of efficiency and safety.
Main duties include:
- Maintain tenant communication with regards to the mechanical and electrical systems in the tenant premises;
- Implement and maintain a predictive and preventative maintenance program for mechanical, electrical systems, building management systems and life safety systems;
- Develop and implement energy saving initiatives for the properties;
- Negotiate contracts; monitor services and assist contractors in the efficient performance of their contracted duties in conjunction with Operations Manager;
- Supervise, motivate and lead the on-site mechanical staff in the performance of their duties;
- Prepare all mechanical related budgets for presentation at budget review meetings in conjunction with Operations Manager;
- Monitor all mechanical related budgets to ensure spending is maintained at approved levels;
- Maintain purchase order system;
- Preparation, confirmation and coding of all CAM related invoices for approval by Operation Manager;
- Act as the operating department’s representative in dealing with mechanical commissioning of all project buildings;
- Review all tenant drawings related to the above responsibilities for the Metropolis at Metrotown properties.
- Minimum 5 years practical mechanical/electrical experience in a Supervisory role;
- Additional related post-secondary education, TQ trade certificates in the mechanical or electrical field are preferred;
- Must be resourceful, a team player, have excellent leadership and communication skills and the ability to manage numerous tasks simultaneously.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.