Mechanical Technician - Lachenaie
Reference Code: 64987
Location: Canada (CA) - Lachenaie, QC
Job Category: Operations; Trades/Technical
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 04/09/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Reporting to the Area Manager, Quebec Region, you will be responsible for providing technical services and skills to ensure that various mechanical systems and equipment are effectively maintained and operated in accordance with internal and external standards, policies, and procedures. You will also collaborate with various teams and departments and be accountable for the development and implementation of asset optimization and performance strategies.
*This position works a modified 9hr /day schedule which consists of:
Week 1: Monday to Thursday, 9 hrs per day
Week 2: Monday to Thursday, 9 hrs per day and 8 hrs on Friday
This position is overtime eligible, may be part of an on-call rotation and provides emergency support as required.
What you’ll do
- Perform mechanical maintenance and inspection on aero derivative/industrial gas turbines, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, perform bore scope inspections, auxiliary power units APU’s, pumps, air compressors and other associated equipment used in natural gas compression
- Responsible to participate in mechanical inspections, overhauls and PM in the Quebec Region and to complete Job Quality Assurance documents JQA’s, work authorization/job safety analysis along with other electronic documentation
- Adhere to all of the Company's Operating Procedures (TOPS)
- Support other Operating Areas within the Quebec Region as required
- Troubleshoot equipment problems utilizing technical reference manuals and documents
- Supervise and coordinate third party contractors
- Maintain strict adherence to Commercial Vehicle Regulations
- Journeyperson Millwright or Heavy-Duty Mechanic accreditation
- High school diploma (or equivalency) is required, completion of a diploma from a college or technical school is an asset
- Minimum 5 years of relevant related experience, preferably in oil & gas
- Experienced with the interpretation of technical reference documents
- SAP experience
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrable effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively alone and in a team environment
*This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Provide a driver's abstract for review
- Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing
Apply to this posting by 04/09/2020 using reference code 64987. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.