LMC Healthcare (LMC) is Canada’s largest specialist care provider in diabetes & endocrinology. We’re transforming diabetes care by making it more accessible, comprehensive and patient-centric than ever before. LMC has 13 multi-disciplinary centers of excellence and 22 clinical research sites located in 3 provinces (Ontario, Alberta, and Quebec). Our 60+ Endocrinologists, many of whom are nationally renowned for their areas of expertise, are supported by an interdisciplinary team of highly qualified Medical Office Administrators, Medical Assistants, Registered Nurses, Registered Dietitians, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Optometrists, Opticians, Optical Assistants, Chiropodists and Clinical Research Professionals.
Currently, our team is looking for a Medical Assistant for our LMC Brampton clinic who can work for us on a temporary, full-time basis (6-12 months).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the flow of patients in the examination and treatment areas to ensure efficient use of the facility and the Physician's schedule
- Ensuring proper documentation (i.e. patient information and forms are accurate in-patient chart) and when necessary liaising with medical laboratories and/or Physician offices for appropriate patient documentation
- Preparing patient for physician evaluation, including but not limited to, measuring vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, height, weight, and BMI and record information on patient's chart appropriately
- Collecting patient medical and social history
- Reviewing medication list for accuracy and completion
- Promotion of comprehensive, coordinated care for the patient. (Relating to the entire LMC care team of endocrinologists along with diabetes educators, pharmacists, chiropodists, optometrists, researchers and health coaches)
- Preparing examination rooms with necessary medical supplies
- Downloading various glucose meters, continuous glucose monitors and/or insulin pumps
- Downloading of investigations via electronic software DSQ, OLIS, Netcare etc.
- Assisting with various Medical Office Administration duties, when required.
Requirements preferred, but not limited to:
- Previous Personal Support Worker or Medical Laboratory experience considered an asset.
- Previous experience as a medical assistant and/or proficiency in measuring various vitals signs such as manual blood pressure, pulse considered an asset.
- Post-secondary education in a Certified Medical Office Administration Program or similar experience working in medical office environment years of Medical Office Experience and/or Medical Office Assistant Diploma considered an asset.
- Proficient knowledge of Electronic Medical Records system (knowledge of Accuro is considered an asset).
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills with the goal of helping patients access services to improve their health
- Ability to multi task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Superior time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail is required
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
LMC provides seven industry-leading programs:
- Endocrinology Specialist Practice (publicly-funded) - representing the largest group of Endocrinologists globally
- Nationally-accredited Diabetes Education Program (publicly-funded)
- Diabetes Pharmacy
- Chiropody & Foot Specialist Care
- Optometry & Eye Specialist Care
- Canada's largest Clinical Research network specializing in Diabetes innovations
- Virtual Health Coaching (diabetes prevention, type 2 diabetes management)
Why LMC might be right for you!
- 2016 Certified Best Workplace™
- 2014 and 2015 Canada’s Best Workplaces™
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Inclusive Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP contribution matching
- Education allowance (days and funding)
- Ongoing career training and development
- Employee Appreciation Days Off
- Additional Holiday Closure
- Opportunities to work with internationally renowned Endocrinologists
- State of the art Electronic Medical Records (EMR) environment
LMC Healthcare is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Once an applicant has been selected for an interview, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.