Position : Medical Device Reprocessing Technician
Department : OR/MDR
Status : Full-Time
Hours : Monday to Friday - 8 hour shifts - primarily days with occasional evening shifts(hours subject to change based on operational needs)
Site : Georgetown
This is what you’ll be doing :
As a member of the surgical team the OR support staff assists the OR nursing staff and physicians in the provision of patient care. Successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring equipment/supply needs of the operating room are met by the management of the case cart/picking system, including JIT and non JIT supplies and instrumentation, as well as the management of the reprocessing needs of the department. Will provide assistance to operating room nurses with appropriate patient needs; including patient positioning and transport, case cart management ensuring all supplies and equipment are available when needed, transporting specimens to the lab, returning equipment and supplies to storage area, stocking of supplies. Will be responsible for the cleaning of the operating rooms between cases.
This is what you’ll need to do it :
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Minimum grade 12 education required
- Current certification in a recognized Medical Device Reprocessing Course required (Current up to date certification an asset)
- Previous Central Sterilization and Reprocessing experience required
- OR Tech course and previous OR related experience required
- Critical thinking skills and strong decision making abilities are an asset
- Understanding of the concepts of teams and teamwork within the operating room
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written.
- Aptitude for working with delicate and heavy equipment, ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Salary :$25.17to $25.67 per hour
Date Posted: October 27, 2020
Internal applications due by: November 3, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.