Job DescriptionJob Title: Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (MDRT)Work Site: Medical Device Reprocessing, Richmond HospitalStatus: CasualStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $24.02 per hourHours: VariousReference#: 122607-smu
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a Medical Device Reprocessing Technician to join its team at Richmond Hospital!
As a Medical Device Reprocessing Technician at VCH you will:
- Perform duties related to the decontaminating, inspecting, testing, assembling, packaging, wrapping, sterilizing and distribution of hospital products to be re-processed, including simple and complex instruments, linen and equipment utilized for patient care in the operating rooms and other areas of the Hospital.
- Perform designated cleaning duties, restock operating and labour delivery operating rooms shelves, cupboards and carts according to established written procedures.
- Provide input regarding observations and interactions with patients to the unit based team.
- Perform other related clerical duties.
Who We Are:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, and the Central Coast. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Qualifications:Education & Experience
- Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized Medical Device Reprocessing course, plus one year's recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of surgical and medical terminology.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to communicate and deal effectively with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.