Job DescriptionJob Title: Medical Office Assistant (MOA)Work Site: Bella Coola Medical Clinic - Bella Coola, BC
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 135985-kch
Come work as a Medical Office Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health in Bella Coola, BC!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Medical Office Assistant to join the team at Bella Coola Medical Clinic. Apply today to join our team!
As a Medical Office Assistant with VCH you will:
- Work as a member of an integrated team and play a significant role in ensuring that clients/patients have a positive experience with the designated services within a fast paced, high volume clinic environment.
- Support your team by:
- scheduling and booking appointments,
- typing technical and non-technical material,
- maintaining filing and computerized patient/client/client database systems,
- and processing a variety of requisitions.
ABOUT BELLA COOLA, BC:
Bella Coola sits in a mountain valley at the head of the North Bentinck Channel, 500 km north of Vancouver, with a population of about 1800 people. The community is at the end of a long, truly magnificent fjord, on the mainland coast of British Columbia. Bella Coola General Hospital has 10 acute bed, 5 residential beds and a 3 bed emergency department open 24/7, along with a laboratory, diagnostic imaging services, Telehealth, Mental Health, Public Health, Home & Community Support Services. Also within the hospital are a medical clinic and a pharmacy.
QUALIFICATIONS:Education & Experience
- Grade 12, graduation from an approved program as a Medical Office Assistant (MOA), plus one year's recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to type 50 wpm.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.