Teledyne DALSA is one of the world’s foremost pure-play MEMS foundries. We operate over 41,000 sq ft (3800m2) of clean rooms, 24/7, using both 150 mm and 200 mm wafers. Our comprehensive MEMs toolbox allows us to manufacture in high volume for a wide range of applications including pressure sensors, silicon microphones, inertial sensors, micro-mirrors, TSVs and RF MEMs, and our commitment to customer service and protection of intellectual property has earned us a reputation for excellence.
MEMS Product engineer/scientist main role is to provide a leading technical role in establishing and analyzing correlation between production line data, wafer-yield and reliability of MEMS products in their end-use. The MEMS Product engineer/scientist uses analysis to provide expert advice, periodic reports and guide efforts to maintain and improve wafer-yield and reliability of MEMS products. The MEMS Product engineer/scientist oversees the introduction of new products on existing process flow.
- Manage new products introduction following TDSI SMQ process;
- Extract, follow and periodically analyze production line parameters known to have strong correlation with MEMS products wafer-yield and reliability. The goal is to detect anomalies and initiate the required corrective and preventive actions;
- Monitor, document and communicate wafer-yield results, and initiate corrective and preventive actions required for products not meeting set objectives;
- Participate in customer meetings to present test and wafer-yield results as well as our objectives and associated improvement actions;
- Evaluate MEMS manufacturing defect densities and recommend improvements to manufacturing steps or equipment;
- Develop MEMS wafer-yield models for current and new products forecasts;
- Support the design and development of the automated test and inspection methods;
- Qualify and implement different MEMS wafer-yield and reliability improvements;
- Manage minimum wafer-yield targets per product;
- Support update and reporting of process parameters directly correlated with MEMS products wafer-yield and reliability.
- MScA or PhD in microelectronics, physics or in a field linked to MEMS microfabrication ;
- Be member of OIQ (Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec) is an asset;
- Have at least 3 years of professional experience in the MEMS industry ;
- Be respectful, quick to help, good communicator and show leadership in a project team;
- Have the ability and experience to build relationships with external and internal customers;
- Having already done multi-physics simulation is an asset;
- Have programming experience is an asset;
- Have a good knowledge of French and English (oral and written);