Mental Health & Addictions Supervisor
Fraser Regional Correction Centre, Correctional Health Services, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services, Maple Ridge, $38.33 to $47.78 per hour
What you’ll do
- Coordinate daily mental health and addictions-related patient care activities and provide leadership for the mental health and addictions team in the planning and implementation of consistent, evidence-based service-wide approaches for the delivery of services. Promote quality of care by reviewing mental health screens for completeness and referrals for mental health and addictions assessment from Mental Health Intake Screeners, other health professionals, Correctional Officers and other sources and triaging same; coordinate and schedule patients’ mental health appointments with psychologists and psychiatrists; and consult and collaborate with interprofessional team members to help establish appropriate goals for care and individualized care plans considering the patient’s physiological, psychological, spiritual and sociocultural needs.
- Supervise and support staff by performing duties such providing clinical direction, establishing priorities, coordinating work assignments, and providing a forum for staff communication and problem solving through staff meetings; providing guidance, conducting performance evaluations, clarifying performance expectations with staff, and referring disciplinary issues requiring formal written documentation to the health services manager. Assist with staff selection by participating in panel interviews for position vacancies and providing input regarding evaluation of candidates. Document concerns/occurrences for discussion with the health services manager and ensures incident reports are completed and necessary follow up action is taken in a timely manner.
- Assess the patient’s overall mental health and addiction service needs; conduct risk assessments and monitor the progress of all patients identified as at risk for suicidal ideation or self-harm, depression and serious mental disorders; formulate initial diagnostic impressions and determine priority of care requirements; refer patients to the psychologist, general practitioner or other care providers as required.
- Visit patients in segregation/observation for review, referral and follow-up care as required; document as appropriate in the electronic patient care information system, and communicate the outcome of reviews to the Warden or designate as appropriate.
What you bring
- Master’s Degree in an Allied Health Discipline from a recognized Program and current practicing registration with the applicable professional College.
- Three (3) years' recent experience in a mental health and addictions setting, including working with mentally disordered offenders, forensic psychiatric or tertiary mental health/concurrently disordered populations
- Two (2) years related administrative/supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to personal vehicle for local area travel may be required.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $38.33 to $47.78 per hour
13777 256th Street, Maple Ridge
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Monday to Friday; 0800 - 1600
Requisition Number: 91481
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of February 3, 2020. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.