Job DescriptionJob Title:
Mental Health Clinician - Child & Youth - Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
(Master’s degree in an Allied Health Discipline)Work Site: Child and Adolescent Response Team (CART) - Vancouver, BCStatus: Regular Part Time (0.50 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $34.95 - $43.58 per hourHours:
1130-1707/1000-1800 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Days off: Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 128976-cye
Come work as a Mental Health Clinician with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Mental Health Clinician with a Master's Degree in an Allied Health Discipline to join the Child and Adolescent Response Team (CART) in Vancouver, BC.
As a Mental Health Clinician in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy with Vancouver Child & Youth Mental Health, you will:
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to perform assessments, coordinate client care, and provide treatment services for children and youth with severe mental health issues.
- Conduct psychosocial assessment on children experiencing severe behavioural, social, emotional disturbances and serious mental health problems.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and adjust individualized treatment plans.
- Perform behavioural interventions, family sessions, parent groups, psychoeducation, and individual child counselling according to a variety of theoretical models.
- Establish and maintain relationships based on respect, and initiate and participate in case conferences/meetings.
- Provide support to colleagues and consultative services to child & youth services providers for continuity of care.
RECOVERY RESPECT RESILIENCEVANCOUVER COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES IS COMMITTED TO COLLABORATING WITH CONSUMERS AND FAMILIES TO BUILD ON STRENGTHS, TALENTS AND INTERESTS IN ORDER TO FOSTER A COMMUNITY OF HOPE, GROWTH AND SELF-DETERMINATION.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in an Allied Health Discipline from a recognized program.
- Three (3) years’ recent, related experience working with child and youth in a mental health setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the diagnosis and treatment of behavioural, social emotional and mental health/psychiatric problems in children and youth.
- Broad knowledge of the normal growth and development of children.
- Demonstrated ability to work with children with behavioural, social, emotional and mental health/psychiatric issues.
- Basic computer literacy to operate computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.