1 Permanent Full-time – Sarnia Site
1 Temporary Full-time Contract – Sarnia Site
The Canadian Mental Health Association Lambton Kent Branch is a proudly merged community agency serving the mental health needs of Lambton County and the Municipality of Chatham-Kent.
Our vision is to have mentally healthy people in a healthy society. As a leader and champion for mental health, CMHA Lambton Kent provides services and facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health. Our efforts promote community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
As part of a multidisciplinary team, the Mental Health First Responder will be the first point of contact for individuals seeking; ongoing mental health service, brief solution focused interventions as well as assistance to address an acute crisis. The Mental Health First Responder will conduct detailed assessments and gather relevant collateral information to determine service needs. Based on the outcome of the assessment individuals will be provided with the most appropriate service. As part of a multidisciplinary team, the Mental Health First Responder will also provide acute crisis support to individuals via both phone and mobile.
Reporting to the Manager of Specialized Services, the incumbent will be responsible for the following functions:
- Conducting and completing the detailed Community Mental Health Assessment and SBAR notes for individuals referred;
- Assessing, screening, referring and linking individuals to internal CMHA services or alternate community resources;
- Compiling and gathering collateral information;
- Participating in Case Disposition meetings as needed to determine outcomes for individuals referred to the Agency;
- Consulting with the Mental Health First Response Team to prioritize individuals awaiting service;
- Communicating and coordinating relevant information with Agency staff;
- Attend as needed weekly psychiatry rounds;
- Providing intervention and brief solution focused therapy support to individuals experiencing a psychiatric crisis (intervention may be via telephone or by personal contact);
- Providing a quick response to urgent situations that arise;
- Linking individuals with urgent needs to immediate resources (ie securing food resources, financial assistance, and housing)
- Post-secondary degree in Social Work from an accredited university with current registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers; a Registered Nurse with current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (preferably with Canadian Certification in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing), Post-secondary degree with a relevant professional registration (acceptable to the employer); or a Registered Practical Nurse with current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Experience and a detailed knowledge of serious mental illness, usually gained by several years of working with this population.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle are required.
- Preference will be given to a qualified candidate who is proficient in both official languages.
- Must have a broad knowledge of bio-psychosocial rehabilitation.
- Crisis or Suicide Intervention training is an asset.
- CPR training.
- Extensive knowledge of the Mental Health Act, as well as relevant legislation specific to an individual with a serious mental illness.
- Planning and organization skills to facilitate advocacy and support coordination/service access.
- Extensive knowledge of the support/treatment services network in Lambton County and of regional services commonly accessed by the program.
- Extremely well developed written and verbal communications skills.
- Working knowledge of computers with skill in the use of Email and Microsoft office.
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week 9:00am-5:30pm. Flexible hours are required to meet the position requirements
Salary: Commensurate with experience within the range: $46,930- $72,669, inclusive of HOOPP
Applicants should submit a covering letter and resume and note that this position will remain open until finding a sufficient candidate pool.
Cindy Kremer, Manager of Human Resources
Canadian Mental Health Association
Lambton Kent Branch
210 Lochiel St
Sarnia, Ontario N7T 4C7
519-337-2325 (fax)E-Mail: email@example.com